AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Time And Distance Line-Up Change

Posted by - 08:54 AM on 09/28/07
Time And Distance has announced the departure of Andy Champion and Tom Zenns from the band. As a result, the group is once again auditioning guitarists and bass players; more information can be found here and below.
Message From The Bandit seems like it's been forever since there's been any sort of an update from our side of things, so we've got a good bit of updates for you in this one. you might want to put up an away message or something...

first things first-- andy champion and tom zenns are no longer members of time and distance. tom hasn't been playing with us since before the summer, but there had been a lot of talks of him coming back into the fold, so we held off on making any sort of an announcement about him being out of the band. andy was a completely unexpected departure, and we're very sad to see him go. we wish them both well.

the really bad news from andy's sudden departure & unwillingness to fulfill his commitments to the band is that we cannot play our first west virginia show tomorrow with the ataris, as advertised (the first show of the new lineup of t&d). the GOOD news is that i will still be playing the show, with a little help from my good friend luke from scenes from a movie. alex & i are really really sorry (and super bummed) that we can't rock out for you like we've been doing for the last few months, but we'll be back as soon as we can.

SO, we're going to (again) begin the process of auditioning guitarists/bass players.

we're looking for people who:

-are between 18-24 years old (ish).
- have their own (tour & studio quality) gear / transportation: we're currently based out of both rochester, ny and charleston, wv. we're flexible as to where we'll be rehearsing / writing / basing things, but you should take into account that there will probably be travel involved. **previous band / touring experience is a HUGE plus.**
- have a good voice / range.
- know how to manage their partying and being in a serious band.
- want to make music their priority and want to take things to the next level.

if it sounds like something you'd be into, hit us up at band@timeanddistance.com and we'll chat and see what's good.

in other news, you might remember us talking about recording a couple of new songs. well, the recording process went well, but the mixing process has proved to be somewhat of a hassle. we're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel, and are planning to re-track two songs in october. after that, you should be seeing a song or two popping up online. if you look reallllllly hard, you might be able to find a demo of a demo of a new song floating around somewhere... but you gotta be sneaky.

also, in keeping with the latest trends of internet sites, we now have a page over at BUZZNET, where we'll be posting pictures, blogs, videos, etc pretty much whenever the urge strikes us (which will most likely be pretty often). you can check that out / add us as a friend at http://timeanddistance.buzznet.com

HEY!!! do you own a sweet time and distance t-shirt, but keep wishing you had a new one to show off to your friends?? have you never been able to pick one up at a show, and always wished we had a place online to pick them up? WELL YOU'RE IN LUCK!!! thanks to the amazing people over at na´ve clothing / district lines, we've now got a totally sweet online store with a bunch of t-shirts for your wearing pleasure. we'll be putting new stuff up there as we get the chance, so you'll always have fresh gear a mouse-click away. check it out for yourself at http://www.districtlines.com/browse/TimeandDistance we've got a sweet deal going on right now where all the shirts are just $10, so don't miss out!

also, i'm interested in doing a short (like a week, maybe two) mini-tour this november, and playing some solo shows thru the east coast / mid-west (@ small venues / churches / coffeeshops / houses / wherever). think you could hook something like that up? email me at timeanddistance@hotmail.com and let me know. the kind of response i get for it will depend on if i do it, and how in-depth it'll be. i just think it's a cool idea, and i'd like to put it together if i can.

and i thinkkk that's about all i've got. i know that was a lot to digest, but thanks for sitting through it if you did. now go out and buy the new motion city soundtrack, kanye west, foo fighters, and all time low records. they're all amazing additions to your collection.

xo.
-greg

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
09:08 AM on 09/28/07
anamericangod
User Info.
that sucks. hopefully they get everything straightened out.

these guys have a lot of potential. i loved their album.
09:11 AM on 09/28/07
drivethru715
National Nobody
User Info.

agreed, i think they are good to begin with but still have a lot of room for growth, hopefully expecting big things when they get this settled
09:22 AM on 09/28/07
aloneatlastnj
just a quiet evening
User Info.
lol.
09:25 AM on 09/28/07
theguilt engine
i'm back.
User Info.

are you kidding me? this is fucking terrible. the singer is horrifying...they have no potential of getting anywhere, and no one wants to be or stay in his band and that's the way it'll stay.

end of story.
09:32 AM on 09/28/07
GreenDayIdiot
Gaining & Losing Respect
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
are you kidding me? this is fucking terrible. the singer is horrifying...they have no potential of getting anywhere, and no one wants to be or stay in his band and that's the way it'll stay.

end of story.

Well you sure are a negative Nancy.
09:45 AM on 09/28/07
Miss Heartcore
Snowflakes in the Air
User Info.
that's a bummer. but nice job luke, coming in really clutch like that.
09:50 AM on 09/28/07
thewebguy
is not a hacker
User Info.
sweet, a district lines plug
10:05 AM on 09/28/07
robdobi
hates your guts.
User Info.
man, champion is such an awesome last name.

i would name my son "heavyweight"
10:40 AM on 09/28/07
xXHerpecoreXx
User Info.
01:44 PM on 09/28/07
TKTKrob
!
User Info.
man, champion is such an awesome last name.

i would name my son "heavyweight"

hahaha. or undefeated.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests