AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:30 AM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
mms13
Baltimore, MD
Male - 25 Years Old
Also, I'm no chemist, but I've always found this pretty interesting. Here's the chemical structures of both Amphetamine (Ritilin, Adderall, etc.) and Methamphetamine (a schedule 2 illegal substance):

This is the shit we're prescribing to children to take every single day.
12:30 PM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
New Mexico
Male - 25 Years Old
ADHD is just not understood. I was diagnosed two months ago and have been coping with it. My grades in Highschool were pretty great, I got honours and acheived 90%+ in some subjects, and that was without studying. Now that I'm in university, my grades have been really dropping because of my lack of concentration. There was no amount of willpower that could get me to focus on studying and homework for more than 5 minutes. ADHD can also have associated illnesses. I was also diagnosed with anxiety and coupled with the stress of being incompetent in school it really takes a toll. I've also been prescribed Vyvanse as the guy above me and on my second day on the pill I sat down for 5 straight hours and worked on a lab report. There is no way that would have happened before, although sometimes my meds don't always seem to help that good. ADHD is always seen in the image of a lazy and obnoxious hyperactive kid, but most people I know are far from that, especially me

I am in the same boat as you, in highshool I had awesome grades without studying but once I got to college my grades were ok but I knew they could be better, I just cannot focus and study for crap. Ive gone to presentations that the university has such as time management and better study habbits thinking it would help but it never did. I can say I will study all day and then all of a sudden I am not studying at all. Im planning on talking to a doctor about it soon though, to see if I do possibly have ADD
02:57 PM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
Alberta, Canada
Male - 21 Years Old
I am in the same boat as you, in highshool I had awesome grades without studying but once I got to college my grades were ok but I knew they could be better, I just cannot focus and study for crap. Ive gone to presentations that the university has such as time management and better study habbits thinking it would help but it never did. I can say I will study all day and then all of a sudden I am not studying at all. Im planning on talking to a doctor about it soon though, to see if I do possibly have ADD

Yeah I'd say there's a good chance you have it. I'm not sure if the US has it this way, but I was offered meds and sessions with a psychologist for free so I'd definitely see someone because it will help.
10:32 AM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
huh did you not see my thread?

jk it was while ago

ya it got this. also probably aspergers.
10:39 AM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Never been tested, but I think I have ADHD. My leg is always shaking, I can never stay still, when I study, I always end up picking up a guitar or my phone, and when I am reading my notes, my brain will be thinking of something absolutely different while I'm reading. I tried a 30 mg Adderall XR off of someone, and I had literally never felt better in my life. I could not remember the last time I felt more awake, when I studied I could literally just read the notes 1-2 times and know it (3-4 hours of studying turned to 1), and I felt so less lazy. I actually wanted to clean my room, I felt like enjoying the day and walking around when I had free time, and I was so focused. One kind of odd side effect was that I talked a lot more.

I did end up puking later, but I think it's because I took my antibiotics on an empty stomach around the time when the adderall was starting to wear off. Then I got dry mouth and I yacked all over the toilet. I'm considering getting a small dose off of my nurse practitioner. To those of you with ADHD, what do you think?
10:50 AM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
kwsqd
love has torn us apart
Reading, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
I think I have adult ADD. My asshole ex-psychologist suggested I might have it, when things were going well, and I started taking the medicine. Seemed to help, well, it definitely helped, but the medicine made me go insane and now my life is a shit-hole. I haven't recovered/have continued to decay. It's unfortunate that I've seen so many doctors with my problem(s) and not one of them has any semblance of a fucking clue about how to help or what is going on. I could vent about this for hours, but I will restrain myself.
10:15 PM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
loganarchy
Can I still get into heaven if I ki
vermont/atlanta
Male - 22 Years Old
does anyone here smoke cigs for their ADHD? I've found that cigarettes help me concentrate, and I always found that really weird, but I recently decided to look it up and apparently nicotine does sorta help with that shit.
12:12 AM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
eisforaccidnt
Massachusetts
Female - 22 Years Old
I don't know if I have ADD but I do have serious procrastination issues that I can't kick no matter how hard I try. It drives me crazy. I don't know what to do about it. Also to go along with that, I am literally late for everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.
06:22 AM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
Never been tested, but I think I have ADHD. My leg is always shaking, I can never stay still, when I study, I always end up picking up a guitar or my phone, and when I am reading my notes, my brain will be thinking of something absolutely different while I'm reading. I tried a 30 mg Adderall XR off of someone, and I had literally never felt better in my life. I could not remember the last time I felt more awake, when I studied I could literally just read the notes 1-2 times and know it (3-4 hours of studying turned to 1), and I felt so less lazy. I actually wanted to clean my room, I felt like enjoying the day and walking around when I had free time, and I was so focused. One kind of odd side effect was that I talked a lot more.

I did end up puking later, but I think it's because I took my antibiotics on an empty stomach around the time when the adderall was starting to wear off. Then I got dry mouth and I yacked all over the toilet. I'm considering getting a small dose off of my nurse practitioner. To those of you with ADHD, what do you think?

Hmm...if it helps, why not?
does anyone here smoke cigs for their ADHD? I've found that cigarettes help me concentrate, and I always found that really weird, but I recently decided to look it up and apparently nicotine does sorta help with that shit.

I don't smoke cigs...but I drink coffee for adhd. I think I remember reading that smoking does help concentration. Too bad most sources on smoking usually just say DONT SMOKE YOULL DIE instead of showing both the pros and cons.
03:12 PM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
The pros from smoking do not outweigh the cons by any stretch. Nicotine does sort of help with concentration, but other drugs on the market for ADD/ADHD are much more effective and safer, rendering nicotine use a pointless and bad excuse. They are, however, working on drugs that actually interact with your nicotine receptors, tricking your body into thinking you do have that nicotine, in a way to increase concentration in a non-stimulatory effect.

If you prefer a stimulatory drug like Adderall or caffeine, you will not experience the same sort of thing with nicotine, as it isn't a stimulant.
12:05 AM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
AlkalineAshes
bored and lazy
so cal
Male - 28 Years Old
adderall and caffiene are not at all the same.. caffine works on adosine which basically makes you feel unfatigued temporarily, not the direct dopimine reward system as other stimulants such as amphetamines and Ritalin. Stimulants changed my life, basically I could not stop and change my thoughts or take control,focus on classes I found boring and other things. Basically I think it comes down to not being able to think of what consequences todays actions will cause for tomorrow. which is the job of the prefrontal cortex..Im smart enough so i was able to get my ba but then kinda got lost in a shuffle. Unfortunately I have depression, social anxiety (until I got stims), and asperger traits. My anxiety consists of perfectionism I guess, basically I feel the need to have a successful career and attractive body or I get depressed..and to whooever said thats the shit we are prescribing to kids...um antidepressants have caused far more suicides and complications then stimulants.. Not to mention anti-psychotics god forbid anyone have to take those. Straight Dextroamphetimine or dexidrine was named the #1 treatment by consumer reports and I had a doc that prescribed it but the two since have not..Vyvanse is ok but not the same.. Adderall I love but it's too up and down on my body and mind.The only problem, one I have is having a doc start you off way too high of a dosage and then being unable to get that dosage anymore, basically I never feel 100 % thanks to that..Yess MMS13 aamphetimines are "speed" but there's a big difference between what doctors and fda give you then what you get on the street. You have much to learn
01:39 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
The pros from smoking do not outweigh the cons by any stretch. Nicotine does sort of help with concentration, but other drugs on the market for ADD/ADHD are much more effective and safer, rendering nicotine use a pointless and bad excuse. They are, however, working on drugs that actually interact with your nicotine receptors, tricking your body into thinking you do have that nicotine, in a way to increase concentration in a non-stimulatory effect.

If you prefer a stimulatory drug like Adderall or caffeine, you will not experience the same sort of thing with nicotine, as it isn't a stimulant.

ya I figured smoking would be pointless, but I still think it's lame how they don't even point out the few pros...I think education on drugs is on par with sex. Just don't do it. That's the problem I have. It should be as objective as possible, but it's clearly biased.
01:41 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Advertising that pro would just give a bunch of morons an excuse to kill their lungs and themselves, so I don't see a shame in that one, imho XP
02:35 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
thinking of going back on meds (I'm off now) because now my concentration is beyond terrible.
09:25 PM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
12!21fightchoke
something witty
New Jersey
Female - 22 Years Old
I like popping addies.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music