Username
Password

03:52 AM on 04/02/12 
User Info.
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
Lynnwood, WA
Male
Thanks for all of the positive feedback! This song seems to strike people the most out of anything I've written, I don't know why. I find it to be a little cliche and maybe that's why, because it makes it more relate-able? Who knows... Thanks again though!

Someone once told me,
"Kid you've always got your head in the clouds"
But it's okay because I like the view from here
So I'll look around for a day or two until I see what I need
And find my way back down, I want you around

I'm just a boy on the other side of state lines
But I can't help noticing that you're always, always on my mind
I'd tell you again that I want to go to the beach
And dance alone with the sand beneath our feet
Instead I'm stuck here withering and waiting
For a way to get my point across in a song
Thinking you're right where you belong

I want to be there counting stars
And give this a chance to get inside of us
Hands and hearts will be close, 'cause I'm not one for letting go
Lately I've been feeling alright but you got me holding on real tight
Your eyes haven't met mine since we were young
But I'm just hoping for a change in all this bad luck
I've had for such a long time

It's too bad you don't feel the same as I do
Because I know it's a stupid dream to believe
In something that as far as I can tell, is nothing
But giving up isn't a trait that I hold near
I've always been the who was true, who was sincere
If you could just wait until I save up and change my ways
I promise I'll make it there someday soon

Living with my head and hopes in the sky
Thinking one day you and I could give this a try
And figure out what falling in love really means
Or if I'm destined to be lonely until I grow up and realize
That love is never going to be enough
For anyone, for anyone

And right now, California sounds nice
03:59 AM on 04/02/12 
User Info.
herpderpharvey
Pop Punk Princess
Not bad!
02:24 AM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
cut!print
Lynnwood, WA
Male

Thank you very much sir. I don't prefer writing songs about girls, but I decided to take a whack at it.
06:06 AM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
nickmoebus
Texas
Male - 24 Years Old
Thank you very much sir. I don't prefer writing songs about girls, but I decided to take a whack at it.

I'm with you there. I honestly can't write songs about girls or relationships haha I can't even try.
11:41 PM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
cut!print
Lynnwood, WA
Male
I'm with you there. I honestly can't write songs about girls or relationships haha I can't even try.

Yeah, when I was younger it was all I could write about because it was safe & always relateable. But now that I am older I am not as concerned with that kind of stuff as much as I am just being happy on my own, so I guess I do more self-searching in my writing rather than talking about such a typical thing.
06:23 AM on 04/04/12 
User Info.
nickmoebus
Texas
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, when I was younger it was all I could write about because it was safe & always relateable. But now that I am older I am not as concerned with that kind of stuff as much as I am just being happy on my own, so I guess I do more self-searching in my writing rather than talking about such a typical thing.

That makes sense. It's weird cuz I can write poems about it, but when it comes to music I just can't put love songs to melody. Been writing long?
04:57 PM on 04/04/12 
User Info.
Chance
No Avatar Selected
Male - 17 Years Old
It's always good to try out new things! Very well done!
10:03 PM on 04/04/12 
User Info.
cut!print
Lynnwood, WA
Male
That makes sense. It's weird cuz I can write poems about it, but when it comes to music I just can't put love songs to melody. Been writing long?

Yeah, since I was about 14 and I am 20 now so around 6-ish years. I'm also a vocalist and am currently taking guitar lessons so I can put some stuff together. I've worked with a few people here and there but it really is difficult to find people to make music with and actually level/see eye-to-eye with... But I have well over 100 lyrics I have written and have recorded not even a handful of them and don't have any of the recordings anymore. :(
What about yourself?
06:10 AM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
nickmoebus
Texas
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, since I was about 14 and I am 20 now so around 6-ish years. I'm also a vocalist and am currently taking guitar lessons so I can put some stuff together. I've worked with a few people here and there but it really is difficult to find people to make music with and actually level/see eye-to-eye with... But I have well over 100 lyrics I have written and have recorded not even a handful of them and don't have any of the recordings anymore. :(
What about yourself?

I haven't written as long. Just over a year. I've got around 24 songs. I used to have a band called hourglass full (based on my first song) but right before are signing gig they decided they no longer wanted in. ever since then I've been writing and playing keyboard to back up the music in my head. All they lyrics I post have melodies and rhythm in my head, and I can song to all of them but I just can't make what is in my head a reality. Frustrating. I want to find people to work with but I'm afraid to at the same time cuz these songs are really important to me. It's funny you are a vocalist cuz that is what I was in my band, still sing my songs all the time too, daily in fact.
04:48 AM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
cut!print
Lynnwood, WA
Male
I haven't written as long. Just over a year. I've got around 24 songs. I used to have a band called hourglass full (based on my first song) but right before are signing gig they decided they no longer wanted in. ever since then I've been writing and playing keyboard to back up the music in my head. All they lyrics I post have melodies and rhythm in my head, and I can song to all of them but I just can't make what is in my head a reality. Frustrating. I want to find people to work with but I'm afraid to at the same time cuz these songs are really important to me. It's funny you are a vocalist cuz that is what I was in my band, still sing my songs all the time too, daily in fact.

I feel you man. It's hard to get everything set up just right and make it what you dreamed it would be, that's why it's difficult for me is because you have to rely on other people and that isn't something I take too lightly personally. That is cool! What kind of music do you listen to, like your favorite artists? Who would you say you sound like most if you HAD to compare haha.. Singing brings my soul joy, that's for sure! I have been doing it since about a little over a year after I started writing. FYI this song here^^^ isn't really a strong suit like some of my other ones, I literally wrote it and maybe changed a couple lines around, it's more like a rough draft. Oh and I will have to check out some of your songs, so I'll do that when I get a chance.
06:23 AM on 04/06/12 
User Info.
nickmoebus
Texas
Male - 24 Years Old
I feel you man. It's hard to get everything set up just right and make it what you dreamed it would be, that's why it's difficult for me is because you have to rely on other people and that isn't something I take too lightly personally. That is cool! What kind of music do you listen to, like your favorite artists? Who would you say you sound like most if you HAD to compare haha.. Singing brings my soul joy, that's for sure! I have been doing it since about a little over a year after I started writing. FYI this song here^^^ isn't really a strong suit like some of my other ones, I literally wrote it and maybe changed a couple lines around, it's more like a rough draft. Oh and I will have to check out some of your songs, so I'll do that when I get a chance.

I agree man, relying ok people is very difficult. My guitarist couldn't ashford the gas money to come practice so that was a huge bummer. I'm into heavy metal and really chill indie stuff. My favorite bands are death cab for cutie, blind pilot, the shins. Heavy metal stuff I love demon hunter, born of osiris, and disarmonia mundi. My band had the sound similar to chevelle, shinedown, and probably sick puppies. But my lyric style I can't compare to anything off the to of my head. Most songs are about relationships haha.
I'll check out your songs on here as well. You ever write any poetry?
05:59 AM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
cut!print
Lynnwood, WA
Male
I agree man, relying ok people is very difficult. My guitarist couldn't ashford the gas money to come practice so that was a huge bummer. I'm into heavy metal and really chill indie stuff. My favorite bands are death cab for cutie, blind pilot, the shins. Heavy metal stuff I love demon hunter, born of osiris, and disarmonia mundi. My band had the sound similar to chevelle, shinedown, and probably sick puppies. But my lyric style I can't compare to anything off the to of my head. Most songs are about relationships haha.
I'll check out your songs on here as well. You ever write any poetry?

That's cool, I've met Ben Gibbard a few times! He's related to someone I know. Definitely not the same style as me, well I dig the Indie stuff but not a huge metal person... I'm really into Alternative, Pop-Punk, Indie Rock stuff. My favorite band is The Dangerous Summer.
Ummm like free-verse, form, what kind of poetry?
I have written Sonnets, Villanelles, Sestinas, free-verse, and Cinquains before. I took a few poetry classes at my college, but lyrics are and always will be my favorite for of writing! I know a lot of music that the lyrics aren't about relationships, actually. But I know what you mean, it's more difficult to find stuff that isn't.
02:32 AM on 04/11/12 
User Info.
backerman7
No Avatar Selected
NY
Male - 34 Years Old
my desire to live somewhere new, which just so happens to be where she is... Coincidental, yes. But not for the same reasons. Enjoy!
03:19 AM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
cut!print
Lynnwood, WA
Male
I don't know how on earth I got 67,198 views on this but thank you AP world, that's a great feeling even if 2/3 of the views didn't like it!
05:58 AM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
JakeWest187
Mesa, AZ
Male - 22 Years Old
I dig it man.
Good work with your use of words and everything.
Sounds great!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version