Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24.
06:22 PM on 09/29/07
SwishMX48
In December, drinkin' Horchata
User Info.
Great review, I love this band...I thought Several Arrows Later was a such a great soundtrack for the fall and I'm loving this one right now too. This album was one my most anticiapted this year and they did not disappoint, Last Light and Sunlight are two of my favorite songs of 07 so far, I highly recoomend this album! haha sorry I'm a bit of a MPPA fanboy
07:48 PM on 09/29/07
mutualaddiction
How am I not myself?
User Info.

What song is your favorite? I can't decide.

Like you stated, it's hard to pick favorites this early, but right now its between "basement parties" "its not so bad at all" and then maybe "People have a Way" My favorite mpPA of all time is still "Halloween" I can't get enough of that song.
08:03 PM on 09/29/07
yoyoninjagirl
Nobody's Nothing
User Info.
great review. I really love this album, one of my favorites from this year.
02:50 AM on 09/30/07
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
I've been into them for a little over 3 years now, and they haven't became stale yet. They make some of the most beautiful muisc I've ever heard. They are essential for fall. I have yet to pick this up, but am planning to soon. Also, the review was well written.
09:07 AM on 09/30/07
Rich Duncan
Album Reviewer
User Info.
Awesome review Julia! I like this album a lot but I haven't listened to it as much as I thought. However, after reading your review, I think this is going to be a matt pond PA day for me haha.
11:40 AM on 09/30/07
jkretz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
nice review, but i feel like this album is the most lackluster mppa effort. not to say it's not good, but what happen to the gorgeous orchestral pop of songs like "summer is coming" or "measure 3" ?
07:57 PM on 10/01/07
grandmaboys
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so i think you should all go here www.myspace.com/mosaicoflanguage.
01:21 PM on 10/02/07
Listofsound
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Definitely one of the best releases (in my opinion) of the year. It's loud, its smooth, its poppy, lush, etc. Though being an avid fan of matt pond PA for the past four years or so, it would hurt a little bit to see them blow up. However, I feel they should be even more successful than they are now.

be sure to check them out on tour. I caught their set at the Bowery and it was quite impressive.
09:57 PM on 10/08/07
sadie_whitecoat
So many lemons
User Info.
Just saw them last night at the Double Door in Chicago ... absolutely amazing. I do like this album, but it hasn't grown on me to the point of their previous efforts. The high points last night included "New Hampshire" "Measure 3" "KC" and "So Much Trouble,"
"Taught to look away" sounded kind of stale with no female vocals, they didn't play "Basement Parties" even though there were several requests for it
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums