Username
Password
fun. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
fun.
Inside AP.net

fun. Talk with The AV Club

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/03/12)
The AV Club sat down with Nate from fun. to talk about their new fame.
From the InterviewI personally didn’t, because when I was 20 and thought that I had a song that could have been big and didn’t, I just began to wonder how a hit song actually works, and figured that it could never work for me. Writing “We Are Young,” it was like “Okay, this is catchy,” but I couldn’t imagine it taking off in such a massive way. Even the day after Jeff and I had recorded it and sent it to everybody and the head of our label, he freaked out over it, and I thought it was cool, but had no idea.

Submitted by Star Slight

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
10:22 AM on 04/03/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Am I the only one who thinks "We Are Young" is one of the weaker tracks on the record?
10:23 AM on 04/03/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Really solid interview
10:29 AM on 04/03/12
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Am I the only one who thinks "We Are Young" is one of the weaker tracks on the record?
Thought lots of people did. Me being one of them.
10:31 AM on 04/03/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
im with you, and overall, I don't give a shit what the consensus here on absolutepunk says. i am very very open minded when it comes to music, and am accepting of all the pop risks they took on the record. it just isn't up to par with his past efforts. it's not a bad record, but I just feel like the bar has been lowered a bit.
10:33 AM on 04/03/12
zephyrsong12345
solitary WEASEL
User Info.
Good interview. Nate's perpetual level-headedness is what's keeping fun.'s massive crossover from becoming irritating to me.
10:34 AM on 04/03/12
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
No you're not. A lot of people I know started listening to this song recently and it pissed me off because fun. has so many better songs.
10:54 AM on 04/03/12
seanthethief
User Info.
did not realize that Nate does not play an instrument. Insane.
10:57 AM on 04/03/12
iden22
close call
User Info.

Nope. Still love the song, though.
11:02 AM on 04/03/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
The Format > fun.
11:10 AM on 04/03/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Nate and i have the same method of writing music. Hopefully someday i'll be as sucessful as him though, haha.
11:11 AM on 04/03/12
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
My friends are in the bathroom, because they ate too much fancy steak
11:17 AM on 04/03/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
You can definitely tell the Kanye influence in the album and in Nates live performance. I saw them play "One Foot" and Nate kept going over to mess with the synth, just reminded me soo much of Kanye's "Runaways" video.
11:27 AM on 04/03/12
steve-0
i think youre an idiot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yea. its just really repetitive and i just dont think the chorus is interesting at all. Probably my 3rd least favorite song behind "It Gets Better" (seems everyone hates this one) and "One Foot" (whihc is also really repetitive).

The song "Some Nights" is one of the best songs hes ever done. The album is very good overall, but Im not crazy about the direction the production took. I feel like it adds nothing but noise to the songs.
11:40 AM on 04/03/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
im afraid to listen to we are young around people i know because everyone i know is sick of hearing it all over the radio and i never listen to the radio. its awkward
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests