Username
Password

02:17 PM on 05/04/09 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
I was actually pretty disappointed with the interview.

The song they posted was alright. I have a lingering feeling that I'm going to be like a lot of people and disappointed with this record, I'm hoping I'm not.
09:08 PM on 05/04/09 
User Info.
Trauma Caspian
Hold Fast Hope
Salt Lake City, Utah
Male - 27 Years Old
Mewithoutyou doesn't always have there albums always sound alike, so I always love when Bands try new things out and don't stick to the safe zone.
01:21 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 25 Years Old
I was actually pretty disappointed with the interview.

The song they posted was alright. I have a lingering feeling that I'm going to be like a lot of people and disappointed with this record, I'm hoping I'm not.

What disappointed you about the interview?
I have not listened to the song - I think a lot of people are having that lingering feeling. I'm trying to oust it and keep it well away until I hear the whole record later this month though.
05:27 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
What disappointed you about the interview?
I have not listened to the song - I think a lot of people are having that lingering feeling. I'm trying to oust it and keep it well away until I hear the whole record later this month though.
For that exacty quote you threw up. It feels like they've fallen from a Christian ideal set, to a more universal "it's all about love" mind set. I'm not sure if that comes off as arrogant or something, but that's the feel I get from it. I could be totally off, and in the wrong for saying that too, but it's the overall impression I got from it.

I'm not a fan of the mind set that:
Quote:
I believe that it’s the voice inside you that is your conscious
05:57 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
NC/SC
Male - 30 Years Old
^ nah I felt the same way too.
06:31 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
Rejoice! Rejoice!
PA
Male - 26 Years Old
For that exacty quote you threw up. It feels like they've fallen from a Christian ideal set, to a more universal "it's all about love" mind set. I'm not sure if that comes off as arrogant or something, but that's the feel I get from it. I could be totally off, and in the wrong for saying that too, but it's the overall impression I got from it.

I'm not a fan of the mind set that:

Agreed. I mean, I don't explicitly disagree with anything he said, but they were definitely very vague, and intentionally so. It's possible, I think, to emphasize universal love, peace, and all those pretty things without watering down the Gospel. Eh, oh well.
06:44 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
bard
No Avatar Selected
Fort Worth, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
i think they leave a lot of stuff up to interpretation, and i think it would be pretty hard to write/sing what they feel exactly and fit the "mold" of what people think christianity is. they would be thrown out of most churches nowadays for what they're saying. i don't agree with everything they "preach", but a lot of it is dead on
07:08 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Agreed. I mean, I don't explicitly disagree with anything he said, but they were definitely very vague, and intentionally so. It's possible, I think, to emphasize universal love, peace, and all those pretty things without watering down the Gospel. Eh, oh well.
Oh its definately possible, but just because it is doesn't mean they aren't watering it down. I find it truely hard to be vauge when it comes to the things they used to stand for. I say "used" very loosely, becuase they may very well stand for the same things they used to now, or vise versa. It feels like they used to believe in the Bible and the stories inside of it as the absolute truth, and now they regard it lyricly as another collection of stories that this world has offered. Again, that's the impression that I get, and I could be totally off. It's not going to sway me getting the album (considering I have the CD pre-ordered, AND a vinyl pre-ordered lol).
07:18 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
NC/SC
Male - 30 Years Old
Oh its definately possible, but just because it is doesn't mean they aren't watering it down. I find it truely hard to be vauge when it comes to the things they used to stand for. I say "used" very loosely, becuase they may very well stand for the same things they used to now, or vise versa. It feels like they used to believe in the Bible and the stories inside of it as the absolute truth, and now they regard it lyricly as another collection of stories that this world has offered. Again, that's the impression that I get, and I could be totally off. It's not going to sway me getting the album (considering I have the CD pre-ordered, AND a vinyl pre-ordered lol).

once again I agree with you. And I too pre-ordered it and am still excited (even though I've already listened to the leak a bunch haha) because they make great music. But I do wonder why they were much more vague than they have been in the past.

[shameless plug]
If you are a CS Lewis fan keep your eye out for my band's 3rd album coming out this year which is a concept album based around The Screwtape Letters
[/shameless plug]
07:19 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
bard
No Avatar Selected
Fort Worth, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
when me and my wife talked to aaron for 2.5 hours outside the dallas show from last july, he said that he doesn't believe the bible is 100% fact.

he said he was mainly referring to a lot of the stories in the old testament, like jonah and the whale, etc....

i don't agree with him on that, but that doesn't mean he's going to hell or anything. i don't know, it's a really hard topic to be sure of on everything, i guess it's just that we all need faith in what we believe in.
07:38 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
once again I agree with you. And I too pre-ordered it and am still excited (even though I've already listened to the leak a bunch haha) because they make great music. But I do wonder why they were much more vague than they have been in the past.

[shameless plug]
If you are a CS Lewis fan keep your eye out for my band's 3rd album coming out this year which is a concept album based around The Screwtape Letters
[/shameless plug]
Yeah, I haven't listened to the leak yet, I'm going to wait it out. Only 2 more weeks. And really? What's your bands name?

[shameless plug] A good handful of the song on my bands up coming debut release are based around part 1 on Mere Christianity and the idea of moral relativity [/shameless plug]
when me and my wife talked to aaron for 2.5 hours outside the dallas show from last july, he said that he doesn't believe the bible is 100% fact.

he said he was mainly referring to a lot of the stories in the old testament, like jonah and the whale, etc....

i don't agree with him on that, but that doesn't mean he's going to hell or anything. i don't know, it's a really hard topic to be sure of on everything, i guess it's just that we all need faith in what we believe in.
Yeah, and I'm not trying to come off as condemning at all, in fact I'm trying my best to stay as far away as possible from that. I guess its a tad disappointing because I thought where I stood aligned with where he stood. It made it easier to relate to the songs.
07:47 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
NC/SC
Male - 30 Years Old
Yeah, I haven't listened to the leak yet, I'm going to wait it out. Only 2 more weeks. And really? What's your bands name?

[shameless plug] A good handful of the song on my bands up coming debut release are based around part 1 on Mere Christianity and the idea of moral relativity [/shameless plug]

That sounds awesome man :)

My band is "Called To Arms"
08:24 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
That sounds awesome man :)

My band is "Called To Arms"
I'm pretty sure I've heard of you're band before.

After checking the myspace I know I have. Righteous tunes! What do you play?
08:29 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
NC/SC
Male - 30 Years Old
Thanks dude! I am one of the guitarists (though unfortunately not the one who plays the solos heh)
08:31 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Thanks dude! I am one of the guitarists (though unfortunately not the one who plays the solos heh)
Haha, I actually just went to add you on my bands myspace and it turns out we're actually friends already? Pretty ridiculous, small world! The guitar work is pretty shnazzay, I dig.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos