AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

TWLOHA Interview

Posted by - 03:57 PM on 10/01/07
I will be interviewing Jamie Tworkowski of non-profit organization To Write Love On Her Arms. Questions can go in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 62
03:59 PM on 10/01/07
AlinA82688
get with it or get lost
User Info.
where is Renee now?
04:00 PM on 10/01/07
Salomonbz90
Public Sphere>Special Interest
User Info.
I run an organization kind of like his..we're almost a year old and we're called ToThemToUs. What would his best advice for starting an advocacy group much like his (depression,suicide,drugs,death,etc .,etc.) and where should I (we) turn for support?

Also, TWLOHA is an amazing ministry and I'm glad Jamie took the initiative to do this!
04:00 PM on 10/01/07
Salomonbz90
Public Sphere>Special Interest
User Info.
Ah yes. That's a good one too.
04:10 PM on 10/01/07
Hogie
User Info.
Which band/musician has he been most surprised to seen a TWLOHA shirt on and which band/musician would he most like to get in contact with for TWLOHA in the future?
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Say, is this a band or an organization, or both?
skinnypuppy
Jon Hughes
User Info.
Does it become difficult hearing stories from people, or is it something you've learned to cope with instantly as it occurs?

Are there days where you just want to throw in the towel and let someone else run your Org?

Do you reach out to bands, or do they reach out to you?

Do you plan to keep touring with bands? Any new tour plans in the near future?

What have you been reading lately? Do you enjoy the work of Rumi?
04:11 PM on 10/01/07
Jess6man2000
thread killer
User Info.
best band ever, whens the new cd coming out

lolz
04:25 PM on 10/01/07
spike22988
I'm growing.
User Info.
Just a side note, Jamie is such a nice guy. I had the privilege of interviewing him this summer.
04:37 PM on 10/01/07
Aileen
Fatrick Plump no more
User Info.
I just want to know where all the money goes. I know Jamie mentioned in a blog that 25% of proceeds go to a specified list of organizations. So what about the other 75%?
04:38 PM on 10/01/07
hydraulicheart
The world is yours, so take it.
User Info.
Let me start off by saying I'm so glad you're interviewing Jamie.

- Granted you are not trained professionals, do people ever come to you with serious issues, thinking you're the answer? What types of emotions or pressures do you face in such situations, and how do you go about handling them?

- Being on the road with bands and festivals (Warped Tour, Cornerstone, etc.), the opportunity comes up to meet many people and hear their stories. What is one of the stories - from bands or fans - that has always stuck around in your mind and why?

- As a huge supporter of this cause, I feel like buying shirts and spreading the word by mouth isn't enough. Is there anything more I can do?

- At what point did you finally realize To Write Love On Her Arms was going to be a success? Basically - what has been the high point so far, if there has been one?

- Can we expect any new merchandise designs coming up soon?
04:38 PM on 10/01/07
TheDynamic
User Info.
Have you ever had a bad mishap with any bands? Names can be exempt if necessary.
04:42 PM on 10/01/07
d_march
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ah yes. That's a good one too.

Renee is still in Florida, and she is doing just fine. Quite well, actually. Jamie could probably give a more detailed answer.
05:09 PM on 10/01/07
sheisarebel
Dee
User Info.
I admire all that you have done to support those struggling with addiction, mental disorders, etc.

Have you ever thought of writing a book possibly combining Renee's story with the stories of other "victims" you've encountered?
Do you guys plan on getting involved with the government as in speaking in front of Congress on behalf of the organization about the issues you guys are involved with?
Finally, what kind of music have you been listening to lately besides the bands that support TWLOHA?
05:21 PM on 10/01/07
cartelove
User Info.
Are all of the bands that work with TWLOHA christians? If they are, do they have to be or did it just end up like that?

Also, do you think you will ever sell TWLOHA merchandise in stores?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos