AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
No Sleep Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
No Sleep Records
Inside AP.net

No Sleep Forever: The Story of Chris Hansen and The...

Posted by: Jason Gardner (04/05/12)
Over what seems to be the past couple months, I've been working on a story of sorts looking at the formation and rise of Chris Hansen's No Sleep Records. Today, I'm proud and honored to share that story with you. Looking a bit at the Chris' earlier days and how No Sleep has helped shaped the current musical landscape, I also talked to members of The Wonder Years, La Dispute, Touche Amore and Balance and Composure about their respective experiences as a part of the No Sleep family. You can read the story in its entirety here.
From the Story“It is an honor to have helped build so many friendships, and to honestly create an environment that bands enjoy,” says Hansen. “I love everyone on this label, and everyone loves everyone on the label. This is a family, and I hope that it always stays that way. You don't have to be blood to be family... yes I said that.”

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
11:01 AM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
bring on the chris hansen jokes
11:17 AM on 04/05/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
bring on the chris hansen jokes
there was nothing wrong with it until that no talent ass clown became popular and starting catching predators
11:19 AM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
there was nothing wrong with it until that no talent ass clown became popular and starting catching predators
hahahahahahaha
11:20 AM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
I can honestly say that Chris is a solid dude, and I'm really happy that's he doing well.
:)
11:23 AM on 04/05/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Great read, great label, great body on that guy.
11:25 AM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
Great read, great label, great body on that guy.
awe shucks. my grammar lacks though.
11:30 AM on 04/05/12
Amib70
You think of everything
User Info.
This was interesting. Very cool!
11:44 AM on 04/05/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Dammit... People beat me to the Chris Hansen jokes.
11:50 AM on 04/05/12
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
La Dispute, Touche Amore and Balance and Composure are such good bands, glad they have a good home.

I'm going to pimp some more great bands in the family..

Aficionado - If you like the aggressive side of Cursive and Piebald (in fact, Travis joins the band on a song), you may have found your new favorite band. Great live show (even more bonus points for playing with great bands like Thursday, meWithoutYou, and Make Do and Mend) and male/female vocals. Get their self-titled 2011 record now.

I Call Fives - Washington Township represent. Broken Values was always one of my favorite post-hardcore local acts from South Jersey and their guitarist plays well with this punk-pop band. They need to get their asses in gear and put out a full-length -- they have the talent to make it one of the great records in the genre. Oh yeah, they like The Hotel Year.. which is probably one of the best bands you aren't listening to.

Into It. Over It. - So as a band they're not great, but there's an insane amount of singer/songwriter talent waiting in Evan. He should ditch the punk-pop everything and kick some ass with his songs. Seeing him play acoustic makes me almost hate his full-band approach, which, while good, is holding back his true ability. I don't ever want to hear his studio records, but I'll catch him solo any day of the week.

I'm probably forgetting a few good bands, so this list isn't exhaustive.. just wanted to throw out some love for some talented people.
11:51 AM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
Dammit... People beat me to the Chris Hansen jokes.
i started it even ;)
12:08 PM on 04/05/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Such a solid label, and a great guy. Shipping is fast, even to the UK haha, and I have great experiences ordering from them. Keep up the good work!!
12:11 PM on 04/05/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Great read! Pretty cool story.
12:15 PM on 04/05/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
That was an awesome read. Well done!

One of my favorite labels. And helped me find a lot of my favorite bands today. Every band is definitely worth checking out
12:32 PM on 04/05/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Great read too!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music