Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Kony 2012 Part 2

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/05/12)
Invisible Children have launched the second video as part of their Kony2012 campaign.
From the BlogThe goal of KONY 2012 was to make Joseph Kony famous to inspire the world to contribute to the international effort to stop his atrocities. And in just one month, over 100 million people have seen the film thanks to the support of you and so many others. It has been incredible to see global attention put on Joseph Kony, but fame is only the first step. We need to turn this awareness into informed action. That’s why we made KONY 2012: Part II – Beyond Famous. It gives a closer look at the LRA, the international effort to stop them, the progress the campaign has made, and Cover the Night – the advocacy and awareness event taking place worldwide on April 20th. We’ve already made great progress in the campaign. The African Union has taken a leading role in the effort to stop the LRA, 92 members of Congress have signed the KONY 2012 Resolution to support these efforts, and people and governments all over the world are talking about what they can do to help. But Kony and the LRA are still killing and abducting, so we have to increase the pressure on our leaders to ensure they see the effort to stop the LRA through.

Watch and share the film here: kony2012.com

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92
02:15 PM on 04/05/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Eaux......

02:16 PM on 04/05/12
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
02:17 PM on 04/05/12
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
User Info.
So yeah... is that "cover the night" thing still happening after the founder jacked off in public?
02:27 PM on 04/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Fap Fap Fap
02:28 PM on 04/05/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
So yeah... is that "cover the night" thing still happening after the founder jacked off in public?
Pretty sure they released a statement saying that he's backed away from the company until he's mentally stable enough to return.
02:32 PM on 04/05/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
Seriously I don't get why people are hopping on the bandwagon for Kony, I still support Obama even if he's a Muslim. #Obama2012 :)
02:33 PM on 04/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
The answer's directly in the text: It gives a closer look at the LRA, the international effort to stop them, the progress the campaign has made, and Cover the Night – the advocacy and awareness event taking place worldwide on April 20th
02:43 PM on 04/05/12
ÖzgürKurtoglu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh no...
02:43 PM on 04/05/12
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
I feel like most of these cynical comments aren't by people who researched this movement, found issues, and decided to channel their support elsewhere; they're people who just like rolling their eyes at anything popular.

This isn't a movement I feel called to support, so I don't care to watch Part 2, but I am a little curious if it addresses the criticism they've received since Part 1.

EDIT: I'm not a supporter of this cause, and I know I was generalizing. I was simply venting my frustration with the people quick to criticize a movement and scoff at its well-meaning supporters while not actually supporting anything themselves. I've seen those people a lot, and it's annoying as heck. Don't mean to overgeneralize and lump every detractor in with that group, though!

I just think trolling causes isn't particularly effective or reasonable, whether they're good or not. There are better ways to deal with them.
02:45 PM on 04/05/12
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.
Something I read about that group today...

-It is unlikely that many Americans who watched Invisible Children's record-smashing viral video hit KONY 2012 were aware of IC's evangelical nature (1, 2) or of the nonprofit's early financing from foundations that back the hard Christian right, including one of the biggest funders of the 2008 push for California's anti-same sex marriage Proposition 8.

But Invisible Children, which has branded itself as welcoming cultural, religious, and sexual diversity, also enjoys extensive institutional and social ties to the global evangelical network known as The Fellowship (also known as "The Family") - which has been credited with inspiring and providing "technical support" [see footnote 1] for Uganda's internationally-denounced Anti Homosexuality Bill, also dubbed the "kill the gays" bill.

-During the last decade, Fellowship members in the U.S. Congress helped turn Uganda's highly successful "ABC" HIV/AIDS reduction approach, which had promoted both abstinence, marital fidelity, and condom use, towards an approach that stressed fidelity and abstinence but not condoms. Uganda's HIV/AIDS rate reduction "miracle" subsequently reversed, so that the country is the only nation in East Africa with a rising HIV rate. Writing from one of Cornerstone Leadership Academy's graduates suggests that the "abstinence-only" approach is still favored by The Fellowship in Africa [see footnote 3].

Link- http://www.talk2action.org/story/2012/4/4/8029/40080/

Source of where I found that story- http://boingboing.net/2012/04/04/hid...-kony2012.html
02:46 PM on 04/05/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I feel like most of these cynical comments aren't by people who researched this movement, found issues, and decided to channel their support elsewhere; they're people who just like rolling their eyes at anything popular.

This isn't a movement I feel called to support, so I don't care to watch Part 2, but I am a little curious if it addresses the criticism they've received since Part 1.
that's a wild generalization
02:48 PM on 04/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Sweeping generalizations aside, of course...
02:48 PM on 04/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Oh Soph
02:49 PM on 04/05/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.

lol you tried sis
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums