Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Stunt Company PR Are Looking for Interns

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/06/12)
Stunt Company PR are looking for interns! Want to be part of the team that sends me a million emails a month? Hahah, just messing, they're great people over there, and they're looking for interns for this summer. There's a bunch of details about the position below.
Internship DetailsDescription: Interns have the unique opportunity to learn about the music industry and more specifically, the world of music publicity a distinctive and constantly changing field. Among the many things an intern will learn about include creating press releases, media alerts, press kits, advance media mailings, creative media campaigns specific to tours and album releases, managing guest lists, and of course skills imperative for any young professional such as multitasking, taking initiative, and intermediate computer skills. Our interns will become familiar with media outlets: magazines, late night and morning TV shows, national newspapers, regional newspapers and TV shows, top websites, blogs, and webzines.

Interns will work closely with the President of Stunt Company as well as all Stunt Company employees, each with a unique background in music. In addition, when artists from our roster come to play shows, the interns will have the opportunity to attend the show as well as meet managers, booking agents and label representatives. Please check out our website and artist roster at www.stuntcompany.com.

Qualifications: MUST be a current college student, preferably taking the internship for credit. If you are no longer in college, you will not be considered. Must be positive, hard-working, detail oriented, organized and dependable. Candidates must excel at multi-tasking. Reliability to handle and complete tasks is very essential. Must also have a genuine interest in the music industry. Previous PR experience preferred but not required.

Hours: 11am-7pm, 2-3 days/week

Length: 3-6 months

Start date: Early May 2012 preferred.

How to apply: Send resume as an attachment with a cover letter to alexandra@stuntcompany.com with your availability for an interview. In your cover letter, include 5 bands/artists you are currently enjoying.

ABOUT US: Independent music Publicity Company which strives to raise awareness of music of our artists through creative press campaigns designed for print, online, broadcast, and visual media. We represent artists across a diverse spectrum of ideas and styles and work with a number of major and indie labels as well as independent artists.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22.
04:30 PM on 04/06/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
"MUST be a current college student, preferably taking the internship for credit. If you are no longer in college, you will not be considered."

deal breaker
04:36 PM on 04/06/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
If this was on the other side of the country, I'd be applying.
08:15 PM on 04/06/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I strongly recommend applying for this if you're thinking about it. Great company. Good people.
09:27 PM on 04/06/12
Shoorty0690
User Info.
For a PR company, they forgot one of the most important parts in that post... their location.
09:35 PM on 04/06/12
smallfavours
arry otter~
User Info.
For a PR company, they forgot one of the most important parts in that post... their location.

IA
10:36 PM on 04/06/12
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
"MUST be a current college student, preferably taking the internship for credit. If you are no longer in college, you will not be considered."

deal breaker
Seriously. I think the only music place that does out of college internships is Sirius XM.
01:53 AM on 04/07/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Seriously. I think the only music place that does out of college internships is Sirius XM.
There are plenty in Nashville (PR firms, artist management companies, booking agencies) that do out-of-college internships!
06:13 AM on 04/07/12
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
I would have applied if I was in college. Oh, darn.
08:15 AM on 04/07/12
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
There are plenty in Nashville (PR firms, artist management companies, booking agencies) that do out-of-college internships!
That sounds pretty good. I gotta check those out! Thanks!
11:06 AM on 04/07/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
That sounds pretty good. I gotta check those out! Thanks!
Definitely! I actually did an internship at both a record label and PR firm out here (about 6 months out of college) before I got a job.
12:02 PM on 04/07/12
danasaurus R3X
User Info.
sounds awesome, i'll have to apply.
01:35 PM on 04/07/12
SkateFirm21
on the brightside, she could choke.
User Info.
hmm, if i fail one of my classes, i wont graduate this year and can do the intern...
01:49 PM on 04/07/12
emilyonthecoast
User Info.
is this an on location position???
03:43 PM on 04/07/12
MindspiN
Deep Mind Wanderer
User Info.
It really angers me that almost every company requires you to be a current college student to even be considered. This must be one of the dumbest business decisions ever made. The fact that they would prefer a student, who has 5 other classes to worry about along with internship responsibilities, blows my mind. Sure, they are being graded on it, but that really doesn't mean much. You are graded on job performance either way. An unemployed college graduate most likely has more experience and more time to dedicate to the internship without other distractions.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS