AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
03:08 PM on 04/08/12
fuldanips
User Info.
If it's an illegally operated business wouldn't that make it a criminal matter because at that point it is theft?
That's what we thought but apparently they have a time window to present their registration before any action is taken against them. It's all a gigantic mess. Thanks to absolutepunk for posting about this and getting the word out...we hate to have to be "those guys" asking for help but we honestly have no choice. We're stuck.
04:19 PM on 04/08/12
fuldanips
User Info.
All facts.
BBB can do NOTHING to them besides issue them BBB accreditation and revoke it. They cannot do a damn thing to get your stuff back.
Also, listen to this guy, he's trying to help.
If the police are in fact involved, and they know the business is operating illegally, what they (the towing company) did would be considered grand theft and possibly extortion as well, if they don't have a permit or license to legally operate. It would be like me stealing your van and demanding you pay $1000 to get it back. If I did I guarantee I would get more than a ticket. Something is fishy here, it doesn't add up.
Get a lawyer involved immediately, you are getting screwed over here, by not only the towing company, but the police as well, if what you are saying is true.
I'm not calling you liars, but the statements you're making don't add up.
Understandable. We know the BBB isn't going to do anything...we were merely using that link to prove the point that we're not the only ones who have been ripped off by this company. The police are involved, but like my bandmate Zach said, the police came to the tow yard with us today and asked for the registration of the business (which is listed as inactive and administratively dissolved here, could be outdated) but the towing company said they would fax it over to the police as they didn't have a copy of it on the premises. The police officer also literally said word for word "they can charge you for pretty much anything." We're going to try to get a lawyer involved but after being down and out almost a grand, it's difficult right at the moment. And of course the entire thing is far from home which makes it even harder to pursue legally as my best guess would be we'll have to represent ourselves in the state of Oregon at a later date if we ever can find a way to take this to court.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests