Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
04:34 PM on 04/08/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You make it sound like we (the staff) collectively like/dislike the same bands. You couldn't be more wrong.
Except for Odd Future, apparently. Everybody on the staff is required to hate Odd Future.

This EP is pretty damn great. 2 songs in and I'm really enjoying it.
05:11 PM on 04/08/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Except for OF can't be posted about at all.
That was my point, which they both either didn't get or conveniently ignored.

I just want to say that OF's newest mixtape was awesome and deserved a news post. Actually really loved some of the songs.

Later y'all.
I did a review of it and it got posted so I guess that's a step in the right direction?
05:45 PM on 04/08/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This will probably go the same direction the last Odd Future argument with Jason went where he'll start to obviously lose the argument, get butthurt, delete the thread to eliminate any evidence that he may have been wrong and ramp up the site's OF "security measures" again. Unfortunately the people trying to support OF in here don't seem to be doing as good of a job as last time.

When the guitar on the first song kicked in I was honestly expecting it to go into full-on hardcore fury.
05:48 PM on 04/08/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well props for that at least.

Any comment on Childish Gambino's use of the f-word?
06:38 PM on 04/08/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Using it in a negative connotation reinforces the belief that someone is "bad" or a negative quality of they are gay.

Words matter. And history has shown how much.
So make a rule barring any news posts regarding rappers who use the N-word.
03:05 PM on 04/09/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Already listened when you posted it earlier. It sounds like some people trying to make excuses for saying the n word. I didn't hear any arguments in there that I bought. Most hip-hop artists use the n word as a generic word for black people and not solely as a term of endearment, the way they try to say it is.

In addition I think OF's use of ****** makes some lines more gut-punching. There are moments on Bastard where Tyler uses it and his voice is practically acidic. It's like extreme gore in a horror movie, it makes your stomach turn a little but in a good way. When it works, it adds to the dark quality of the music (although it fails plenty).
03:20 PM on 04/09/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Because I've always been the kind of person that says what I'm feeling. Sometimes what I'm feeling isn't "nice." I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me when I say Spider-Man 3 is a fucking awful movie, and I'm not asking for it when I say I don't like a certain band or album. I'm simply stating my personal feelings on something. If all I ever did was talk about what I did like -- then there would be no basis for comparison. You'd only be getting one side of my personality and musical taste.

I don't think that's very authentic. I don't think that you can really trust a 'yes-man.'

I don't cook 5-star dinners either ... but I still have an opinion on food. The idea that one needs to be better at something in order to offer their thoughts on it, makes no sense to me. That said: I've made something to be judged. You're using it.

I don't think you should withhold criticism but a lot of the time I see you post negative things it's consistently in a way that looks like you're just outright trying to be mean. It's easy to look at a mainstream piece of media like Spider-Man 3 and say "Oh, that sucks" because 1, it's got such a large team behind it that it's not really a personal attack, and 2, it's so widely known that an individual opinion is pretty insignificant. When you're talking about a small independent release like this, though, you're one of only a few people commenting on it and things stand out more. I disagree with the notion that "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything" but from what I've seen on this website you could stand to be less insulting with your criticism of tiny projects like this. If someone I knew posted solo material on facebook, I wouldn't comment "this isn't good," I would maybe tell them my thoughts on it privately to help them improve. Criticism should be a tool to help people fix what's wrong with their art, not an outlet to bash it.

Obviously it's your website though, so you're gonna do what you will.
04:38 PM on 04/09/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not.

I don't see any difference. If you put something out into the world -- you're asking for comments on it. If you don't want anyone to hear it and say what they think on it -- why would you release it?

That was me being less insulting because I really like TWY.

I don't really know Nick personally though. Don't think he really cares about my thoughts one way or the other anyway.
Fair enough.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News