Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Featured Stream: Tim Barry

Posted by: Deborah Remus (04/09/12)
Today we're streaming Tim Barry's new record, which will be released through Chunksaah tomorrow. Head to the AP.net profile to listen to 40 Miler and let us know what you think in the replies. We also asked Barry some questions and you can read the interview over here.
From The InterviewI think some people have noted that it seems a little more uplifting, maybe I have a tendency to focus on sad subjects sometimes or I have in the past. And maybe this time around, it's more about taking a sad subject and trying to give it a little bit of a positive twist.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
10:41 AM on 04/09/12
nivek87
Live Together, Die (M)alone
User Info.
one of my most anticipated, can't wait to listen.
11:43 AM on 04/09/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Part of me likes this, the other part of me wants to see another Avail album.
02:06 PM on 04/09/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
I saw him open for Gaslight a couple of years ago. I remember not really caring for the music but liking him a lot as a person based on talking with the crowd between songs.
02:13 PM on 04/09/12
salmarnirecho
several.
User Info.
He's pretty hit and miss for me, but I may pick this up. Sounds like there are some tracks that could get a good amount of replay on my stereo.
02:55 PM on 04/09/12
Castle Builders
Been fly since I was a young larvae
User Info.
Tim Barry's such a character. I saw him open for Gaslight too and then I saw him at the Fest. I actually like a fair amount of his music but yeah some can be hit or miss. I mean I really don't listen to country at all; and its not because I'm close-minded and will automatically derive that if its country music it will suck like some people think. I will give everything a chance but its just all the country they play on the radio is the same old shit. Tim Barry actually presents you with unique and somewhat quirky ideas.
03:46 PM on 04/09/12
swboyd
The Screaming Wind
User Info.
Part of me likes this, the other part of me wants to see another Avail album.

Agreed. But beggars can't be choosers. I'll take a new Tim Barry album because the chances of a new Avail album actually being put out are slim to none.
03:29 AM on 04/10/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Agreed. But beggars can't be choosers. I'll take a new Tim Barry album because the chances of a new Avail album actually being put out are slim to none.

I hear ya.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums