AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Fall of Troy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall of Troy
Inside AP.net

UndertheGunReview Presents: The Fall of Troy...

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/09/12)
UndertheGunReview has two cool features up today: An in-depth look at the career of The Fall Of Troy -- including an interview with vocalist Thomas Erak, and a What The Film?! feature reflecting on how little sense the Kevin Bacon Hollow Man film made.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20.
12:51 PM on 04/09/12
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
uhm, just a question, why are you taking a look at the career of the fall of troy? haha, just seems like it's pretty irrelevant.
12:53 PM on 04/09/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Erak.
01:10 PM on 04/09/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I think that TFOT article could have been a lot stronger. I suppose the dude was going for an informal approach with his writing style, but it didn't even really offer any new information. Oh well.
01:13 PM on 04/09/12
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
That TFOT article was awful. It sounds like something I might have written up in an AP.net post while standing idle / half-drunk at a concert waiting for the next band to take the stage. Ick.

There were some cool bits of information (Manipulator is his favorite, eh..?) though.

Sick live band.
01:24 PM on 04/09/12
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
no, that was much better than an ACA post. still bad.
01:26 PM on 04/09/12
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
User Info.
The guy writing those film reviews clearly loves Cracked. That's all the info I retained.
01:49 PM on 04/09/12
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
The guy writing those film reviews clearly loves Cracked. That's all the info I retained.
woah, green name. gratz man
01:50 PM on 04/09/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Hollow Man was awesome. It had Kevin Bacon.
02:32 PM on 04/09/12
weirdWOLF
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
@SophGod the column clearly states that it takes a look at bands that have broken up in the past decade. I'd assume that's why they were taking a look at TFOT they've done The Bled and The Receiving End of Sirens as well.
02:34 PM on 04/09/12
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
@SophGod the column clearly states that it takes a look at bands that have broken up in the past decade. I'd assume that's why they were taking a look at TFOT they've done The Bled and The Receiving End of Sirens as well.
well i dont frequent the site so was unaware that's what the aim of the column is. makes sense now.
02:38 PM on 04/09/12
weirdWOLF
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, gotcha. Nice avatar and quote. Did you notice that AD easter egg in the article. Coincidence...
02:49 PM on 04/09/12
harveyn590
User Info.
damn that The Fall of Troy article could have been so cool. great premise but didnt quite follow through
06:48 PM on 04/09/12
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
the what the film?! article was pretty funny
07:22 PM on 04/09/12
musicenthusiast
nah mean?
User Info.
that was a pretty weak article - they were my favorite band for several years. didn't even mention their first album being recorded in less than a week at the age of 17 or how groundbreaking the original ghostship demos were to those who appreciated this sort of music. or how thomas won guitarist of the year in multiple magazines over multiple years. i didn't feel any nostalgia in dat shit - i still can't listen to in the unlikely event to this day though - glad they called it quits once thomas set his heart on his hollow sounding voice instead of his creative guitar style (i know people will say delay pedals blah blah) but the level of technicality mixed with catchiness was something i really respected.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS