AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Radio News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Team Behind "Steven's Untitled Rock Show" Bring You...

Posted by - 01:43 PM on 04/09/12
The team that produced Steven's Untitled Rock Show on Fuse is putting together a new "more than music" podcast called "Going Off Track" -- some information about the project can be found below.
About the ShowEach week join your hosts Steven Smith (disarmingly charming television host from Fuse, Myspace and VH1) Jonah Bayer (freelance journalist and former Music Editor of Alternative Press) and Mike Cangemi (television producer and music documentarian extraordinaire). Joined by audio producer Brad Worrell, listen and laugh as they talk with your favorite musicians, celebs and industry insiders and see where the conversation takes them. Collectively Steven, Mike and Jonah have interviewed hundreds of artists and have found the best interviews take place when the cameras aren't rolling. GOING OFF TRACK creates an environment that allows guests to be themselves, comfortable and intimate. You'll learn something you never knew and you'll laugh. A lot. Oh, you will.

They have already recorded a slew of episodes with a wide variety of guests ranging from Fall Out Boy to Saturday Night Live to American Idol to Minor Threat. Having recently met their goal of $5,000 for production and start-up costs via Kickstarter they are having an event this Saturday to celebrate featuring performances from Mat Devine (Kill Hannah) and Joe Trohman (Fall Out Boy, The Damned Things, With Knives); Joe McMahon (Smoke Or Fire) and Billy The Kid; comedian Bridey Elliott and the improv group P.I.T. Steven and myself will be hosting the event and we will also play clips from the show in between acts. It will all be available on iTunes this week and we are in the process of finishing our site www.goingofftrack.com, which should be fully functional very soon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
01:46 PM on 04/09/12
anamericangod
User Info.
This is very cool.
01:49 PM on 04/09/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Yeah, this is another podcast i'd actually enjoy listening to.
01:50 PM on 04/09/12
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
I used to love that show haha
01:55 PM on 04/09/12
Fool
User Info.
Looking forward to this. Hopefully I actually remember to download them when they start though.
02:00 PM on 04/09/12
anamericangod
User Info.
I used to love that show haha
Yeah, back when music was on TV and the people actually cared about what they were listening to, not just pop culture horseshit. Fascinating concept.
02:00 PM on 04/09/12
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
It would also be very cool to hear another podcast from you and Drew. Really enjoyed those.

This sounds great. Is it on iTunes?

Any other music podcasts people listen to? Mike Shea's AP Podcasts were good back in the day, but they're pretty sporadic.
02:08 PM on 04/09/12
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
I used to watch Fuse only for that show. Now all they do is Lil Wayne takeovers and Nicki Minaj takeovers..
02:18 PM on 04/09/12
MikeyJam
what shape is punk?
User Info.
^^^^^^^^^^
SURS was the best
02:18 PM on 04/09/12
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
I used to watch Fuse only for that show. Now all they do is Lil Wayne takeovers and Nicki Minaj takeovers..
You're forgetting the weekend they played nothing but Black Eyed Peas too.
02:22 PM on 04/09/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Music television is basically dead, and I'm okay with that. With YouTube there's really no point to watch music video shows. Though, with Steven's show it was more about the interviews and his great input.
02:25 PM on 04/09/12
SaintSammy17
I have nothing witty to write here.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It was like Fuse got sick and died after they canceled SURS. I'll definitely be tuning into this podcast.
02:30 PM on 04/09/12
sean_a26
User Info.
Are there any other good music podcasts along these lines? I really like the AP podcast. The newest interview with Alex DeLeon was great.

Also used to listen to the Drew and Joe Show, but im guessing schedules got pretty full.
02:51 PM on 04/09/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
sounds like itll be a cool podcast
03:14 PM on 04/09/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
If Steven Smith is involved, I'm totally in. That was my favorite TV show in high school. I remember being devastated when they moved it from 4 PM to 2 PM, and then cancelled it. ;-;

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos