Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 125
05:54 AM on 04/10/12
holybatmon
Unregistered User
User Info.
I'm honestly ignorant towards touring life and all, but does a van breaking down usually mean that a band has to cancel an entire tour? That's not a dickhead question, I just always assumed they'd have to get a new van
You do realize that to acquire said van, you need money, right? So, if they can afford it, and it is economically viable/profitable for them to continue, then yeah, they could get another van. But, from what I've seen, they've got through so much shit on this tour that there's no point.
05:57 AM on 04/10/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Can't wait for this live DVD...
The Dangerous Summer: Live with Bob's Towing
06:01 AM on 04/10/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
06:05 AM on 04/10/12
kennedyAM
Every Never Is Now
User Info.
Minor news. Van problems happen a lot. Some bands can afford to fix it, others can't. They deserve some of the shit they get, mainly because they bring it upon themselves. But to be honest, the majority of the drama is way overblown. I want to see them succeed, and I think one day they'll figure things out. Just got a lot of growing up to do.
06:24 AM on 04/10/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
How is AP stiring the pot? The whole point of this site is to provide pertinent information to the public - especially when they have easy access to these bands. Maybe if they had only said their van broke down and left it at that, but isn't it their job to inform the public that the tour is canceled and for what reason(s). Maybe someone on here had tickets and needed to know this to refund their money, and if AP didn't - another site would have... this is the whole point of an open forum. People tend to stir the AP pot more than they do the TDS pot these days. I'm on the same page, I love TDS' music - I had tickets to their show with HTL and found out they dropped out through here. What other people say here is a different story... but again...that is the entire point of an open forum.
06:38 AM on 04/10/12
youenvydoug
#justiceforbrandon
User Info.
They've been tweeting for weeks now that their van was on its last legs.

Probably why they tried to sell said van to get a new one months back.
06:40 AM on 04/10/12
honestykills
User Info.
THOSE SONS OF BITCHES

Ohhhhh sorry, saw "TDS cancels tour" before I saw "van broke down" and just assumed things...
06:48 AM on 04/10/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
At this point AP is just trying to stir the shit and it's getting kind of pathetic.

The last few dates of the tour have been here in Ontario. The last 3 or 4 dates are on the other fucking side of the country. This band has had some bad luck on this tour including getting their camera stolen, being banned from a venue and being sick for a large portion of the dates. They wanted to quit out after the venue incident but decided to stick it out. None of them were having fun at all and from what it seemed on their twitters, they were missing home. Add in the recent van issues and who would think it would be a logical choice to take the chance to travel halfway across the country and risk it breaking down at any point.

I used to be a bandwagon TDS hater. I saw all the shit posted on here and laughed them off. Once I gave them a chance I enjoyed their music. Add to that they decided to play a string of Canadian dates and I was a happy kid. I went to two shows on the tour. Both at the same venue and both 100 people caps (smallest show I've been to). They almost didn't make it after the venue incident and I was freaking out but luckily they stuck it out. Both nights AJ went into the crowd and watched the other bands. He would talk with anyone who would approach him. He would personally thank anyone who bought merch. The guy was a trooper considering he was extremely sick and homesick. I can't speak for the others but that dude has heart and truly loves what he's doing. It's people like that who deserve support in this industry.

Just because one guy in the band makes a handful of questionable comments doesn't mean you should write off the whole band. It's just Cody's personality and you can't really hold it against him. He voices his opinion and I kind of like that. They're doing their best and things never seem to go their way. Sure they bring some of the hate on themselves from dropping off tours and maybe they should take it easy for a while but touring in a van in a foreign country is a lot of work especially when you're all sick. Maybe these dudes should stick to the USA touring market but it looks like they already signed on to an Australian tour. I can't see that going well but who knows.

This has gotten pretty damn long already. Just want people to reconsider their views on this band (or about AJ at least). These guys are talented as hell and the fact that they aren't really getting any bigger must be disheartening. I think they just need to chill out for a bit and relax.
Van breaking down is a valid reason for leaving the tour but is this self-righteous rant of yours really necessary. I haven't been here for long, but I was told that this site, at one point in time, fully supported TDS until they screwed up, not once or twice, but many times.

AP invested a lot into them, and when these guys let the people here down (hard), do you really think they're just going to let that go?
06:49 AM on 04/10/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Assblood
06:57 AM on 04/10/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
At this point AP is just trying to stir the shit and it's getting kind of pathetic.

The last few dates of the tour have been here in Ontario. The last 3 or 4 dates are on the other fucking side of the country. This band has had some bad luck on this tour including getting their camera stolen, being banned from a venue and being sick for a large portion of the dates. They wanted to quit out after the venue incident but decided to stick it out. None of them were having fun at all and from what it seemed on their twitters, they were missing home. Add in the recent van issues and who would think it would be a logical choice to take the chance to travel halfway across the country and risk it breaking down at any point.

I used to be a bandwagon TDS hater. I saw all the shit posted on here and laughed them off. Once I gave them a chance I enjoyed their music. Add to that they decided to play a string of Canadian dates and I was a happy kid. I went to two shows on the tour. Both at the same venue and both 100 people caps (smallest show I've been to). They almost didn't make it after the venue incident and I was freaking out but luckily they stuck it out. Both nights AJ went into the crowd and watched the other bands. He would talk with anyone who would approach him. He would personally thank anyone who bought merch. The guy was a trooper considering he was extremely sick and homesick. I can't speak for the others but that dude has heart and truly loves what he's doing. It's people like that who deserve support in this industry.

Just because one guy in the band makes a handful of questionable comments doesn't mean you should write off the whole band. It's just Cody's personality and you can't really hold it against him. He voices his opinion and I kind of like that. They're doing their best and things never seem to go their way. Sure they bring some of the hate on themselves from dropping off tours and maybe they should take it easy for a while but touring in a van in a foreign country is a lot of work especially when you're all sick. Maybe these dudes should stick to the USA touring market but it looks like they already signed on to an Australian tour. I can't see that going well but who knows.

This has gotten pretty damn long already. Just want people to reconsider their views on this band (or about AJ at least). These guys are talented as hell and the fact that they aren't really getting any bigger must be disheartening. I think they just need to chill out for a bit and relax.
Agree 100%.
06:58 AM on 04/10/12
The Grey Man
Team Larz
User Info.
Never really ever understood the hype for these guys, van breaking down sucks though.
07:01 AM on 04/10/12
Ryan Dennehy
That is unfortunate. At least AJ said they'll reannounce canadian dates.
07:02 AM on 04/10/12
loopyb92
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Actually nothing happened in the 2wk Australian Soundwave tour in late feb!!!

But... They were probably upset that they couldn't make any drama and are coming back here to support Tonight Alive in month to make up a drama free tour last month.
Shit gonna go down!!!

they got super drunk, broke some shit and pissed off arttm in syd.

They were super cool dudes to me though and great live so that's all I care abour
07:23 AM on 04/10/12
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.
Is this the NEW van they bought? I thought they put their van on Craigslist a while back?
07:23 AM on 04/10/12
asthenia*
Never to see any other way...
User Info.
hey remember that time TDS tried to sell a van and everybody thought they were breaking up?

yeah, this is definitely karma

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version