Username
Password
fun. News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 43.
04:08 PM on 04/10/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
i really wish that 'It Gets Better' was cut from the album. it just ruins it for me, they should have replaced it with 'A Night on the Town' or whatever the B-Side is called.
Agree completely. I do like the beginning "what have we done" part, but that's it really.
On a separate note, can someone rip this?
04:28 PM on 04/10/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
Great stuff.
04:49 PM on 04/10/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Was this recorded live? He sounds incredible!
Trying to wrap my head around the thought process here. So you just watch a video of them performing the song live, and then you ask if it was recorded live? Not trying to be a dick, but the answer is yes, this was recorded live.
04:50 PM on 04/10/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agree completely. I do like the beginning "what have we done" part, but that's it really.
On a separate note, can someone rip this?
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
06:00 PM on 04/10/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
Trying to wrap my head around the thought process here. So you just watch a video of them performing the song live, and then you ask if it was recorded live? Not trying to be a dick, but the answer is yes, this was recorded live.
I was just wondering if it was recorded, mastered, edited, etc and than dubbed over them performing. As in, a music video for an acoustic version.
06:22 PM on 04/10/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
That's awesome, thank you. Just one question, is there anyway to rip it at a higher bit rate than 128? Or would that be pointless since it is from a youtube video...Just wondering.
06:47 PM on 04/10/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Phenomenal.
06:48 PM on 04/10/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
I was just wondering if it was recorded, mastered, edited, etc and than dubbed over them performing. As in, a music video for an acoustic version.
I'm pretty sure this is live. There are a few of these in the same setting actually. He's just awesome live (they all are, really).
07:19 PM on 04/10/12
thelaughingtree
just keep your head above
User Info.
I wish jack sang in the acoustic videos....guy has a great voice!
07:19 PM on 04/10/12
SamKS
ribbons and sugar
User Info.
I don't think this was live at all. You can tell especially because the guitar strums are very off in a lot of the shots but none of the other audio is off. Which means they recorded it and when playing the guitarist didn't use quite the same strumming pattern for the video in which he did in the recording.

Most bands do this and most companies/video makers that do acoustic videos like this do it as well. The performance is incredible but it's clearly EQ'd a ton and tuned up quite a bit.
07:30 PM on 04/10/12
dani1292
@dani1292
User Info.
This band...
07:36 PM on 04/10/12
adamoflazzarath
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why am i the the one...or only one rather who doesn't drool over this record...are they amazing live...undeniably...are the songs horrible...no...but ppl suck this albums dick like there's no tomorrow and i don't get it. Im so stoked that these guys are out there for the public to hear but im genuinely surprised this album got so huge. Idk sometimes i feel like a band getting big is all the labels choice in terms of push (glee, superbowl) and radio play. I could have played we are young a thousand times to my friends and they would have never cared but ever since the radio has been playing it constantly all of a sudden i hear them sing along as it comes on. kinda makes you wonder...

p.s the chorus to this song is a rip from a 4 non blondes song a lil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc&ob=av2e (go to the chorus)
pps how ugly does this chick look while she sings
07:39 PM on 04/10/12
bNz719
Know more.
User Info.
One of the few bands that perform amazing songs that song great in studio version, acoustic version, and live.
08:13 PM on 04/10/12
Mistle
User Info.
I don't think this was live at all. You can tell especially because the guitar strums are very off in a lot of the shots but none of the other audio is off. Which means they recorded it and when playing the guitarist didn't use quite the same strumming pattern for the video in which he did in the recording.

Most bands do this and most companies/video makers that do acoustic videos like this do it as well. The performance is incredible but it's clearly EQ'd a ton and tuned up quite a bit.
seems to me like the audio and video is out of sync by a tiny amount, but that's all
08:38 PM on 04/10/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
This is fantastic!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music