Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
02:23 PM on 04/10/12
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
I can't support glorified karaoke. Besides, why are people who have been on major labels allowed on these shows? They've had their chance.
02:36 PM on 04/10/12
Yontsey
User Info.
I wouldn't say she was unsuccessful. She's played here in Cleveland at the House of Blues headlining. She's also toured with Craig Owens not to mention drawn large crowds at Warped Tour. It's not like she's a tiny band. She's had her shot.
02:56 PM on 04/10/12
Yontsey
User Info.
Okay, but the majority of people don't know who she is or have ever heard of her. Being known around AP or being known in her genre of music doesn't make her super successful. Sure, she's obviously not a total flop, but she's still pretty much a nobody outside of all that. I just thought she was an arrogant try-hard when I saw her on the show

edit: Oops, sorry, I don't mean to be stalking you in this thread lol. I'll stop now.

Lol it's fine. I enjoy a good debate. I hear what you say by saying she's just known around AP or the genre, but it's not like the genre/community is small anymore. Bands from this genre sellout 5k venues regularly. Not saying she's at that level but it's not like this community is a small sliver of the music audience anymore. Hell, I heard Marianas Trench on XM20 which is the KISS top charts station.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos