Username
Password
Mest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mest
Inside AP.net

PunkNews.org Presents: An Interview with Tony from Mest

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/10/12)
PunkNews.org posted an interview up with Tony from Mest.
From the InterviewYeah, looking back at the time, I think I was thinking it was just recreational use and I was having a good time, but then I realized there'd be two or three days where I'd be laying on the couch and I wouldn't even get up to eat, then I'd have such bad anxiety where I couldn't even get in my own car to drive two blocks to Burger King or something. I think it was noon one day and we were up all night doing drugs and my heart was racing so fast, I was like, "Fuck, I need to take a shower to come down." And I remember being in the shower where I was having one of those moments where I thought something's not right. It wasn't fun drug-use anymore; I realized it was me trying to cover up a bigger problem. I couldn't go back to Chicago, because in Chicago, I'm like the hometown hero, so everyone wants to buy you a drink and give you a bag of cocaine and want to party with you. Then out in L.A., everybody that I was hanging out with was doing the same shit.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
02:15 PM on 04/10/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
This actually is probably interesting
02:17 PM on 04/10/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Ap > Pn
02:21 PM on 04/10/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
The more people that are envious of me, then at least I'm doing something right, because that person wants it. There's these websites that kids go on and complain, like absolutepunk.net or whatever, and what I've noticed on those websites is that it's kids complaining and whining, and it's like, "Dude, it's fucking music, what are you crying about?" I don't get it.

Hey now! What is the dillio?
02:26 PM on 04/10/12
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
The more people that are envious of me, then at least I'm doing something right, because that person wants it. There's these websites that kids go on and complain, like absolutepunk.net or whatever, and what I've noticed on those websites is that it's kids complaining and whining, and it's like, "Dude, it's fucking music, what are you crying about?" I don't get it.

Is this interview from like 2004? No one has want to be this clown for several years.
02:33 PM on 04/10/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Between this interview and the quote Jason pulled, there are just so many jokes I want to write, but I digress.
02:41 PM on 04/10/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
lol mest. (don't murder me tony)
02:41 PM on 04/10/12
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
didnt he kill a guy?

cadillac was a hot song though
02:52 PM on 04/10/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.

That's the one part of the interview that rubbed me the wrong way. The argument that people who have something negative to say are automatically "envious" of the other party involved has always confused me. It always sounds like the artist is trying to hold people hostage or something by threatening them with by being a "hater" or "jealous" simply for expressing an opinion other than "This rules! Come to my town!"

There's a big difference (particularly on this site) between complainers and people who simply don't think positively about something. And the latter definitely outweighs the former from what I've seen...As far as that band goes, if not for whole site...
02:59 PM on 04/10/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
im not afraid to say that I've grown fond of mest, I'm glad there back
03:04 PM on 04/10/12
s2h72
User Info.
im not afraid to say that I've grown fond of mest, I'm glad there back
same here
03:05 PM on 04/10/12
theStartingline
User Info.
i must have missed the big return announcement. original lineup or bust! naw, i'll still be getting my hands on this but the original four would have been so much cooler. ..i just want one old school mest summer jam..please..
03:08 PM on 04/10/12
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
Someone played me one of their songs a few years ago, and I couldn't stop laughing. Even when I was in high school, and thought they had a few good songs, the dude thought he was hot shit. Good to know he still thinks that way.
03:18 PM on 04/10/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

More eloquent than "FUCK JASON TATE" I guess. Well, at least it's good to be known for something.
03:23 PM on 04/10/12
gold soundz
User Info.
Tony is one of the biggest douchbags on the planet. Have fun playing to 15 kids and a promoter every night.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests