Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 49
02:42 AM on 04/11/12
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
HA, okay. I feel you on the three guitar players thing. I just don't think Dave just flails his arms about sloppily. Let me know when 'Billions and Billions' sells out Wembely Stadium.

In the video I saw from Lolla last year, he was sloppy. It looked fun, but it sounded awful.

Creative jab at my music, dawg. Selling out a stadium is the furthest from my goals as an artist. Like I said, if you want to have a legitimate discussion, like an adult, just send me a PM.
02:52 AM on 04/11/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
HA, okay. I feel you on the three guitar players thing. I just don't think Dave just flails his arms about sloppily. Let me know when 'Billions and Billions' sells out Wembely Stadium.
i don't even know what to say to this. no seriously
03:12 AM on 04/11/12
OnaedInSpace
she sucked and sucked and sucked.
User Info.
i love the foo's singles, their albums are usually meh. (apart from the last one)
04:26 AM on 04/11/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
Woah, now that's a set.
05:24 AM on 04/11/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Dave's not sounding good in this set imo.

The guy has been screaming at the top of his lungs at shows since February 2011, I don't know how he even has a voice anymore!
05:27 AM on 04/11/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
They played Hey Johnny Park AND Enough Space??!?!?! Holy fucking ballfuck. I simply wouldn't have came out of there alive; my two favorite Foo songs. I could've died then being the happiest fucking man on the planet.
07:07 AM on 04/11/12
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
I know I'm alone with this opinion, but I think it's stupid to have a third guitar player for a live set. All Dave does is put his fist in the air and slops it up. Didn't watch this video, but I've watched the one's from Chicago last year, several times, and was sorely disappointed. I'm sure it was much cooler being there.
Well, Pat is an official member of the band now. I don't think it would be cool of Dave to tell him they don't need him when they play live. Unless I'm missing the point of your post. Are you saying it's pointless to even have Pat in the band?
07:18 AM on 04/11/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
They don't "need" Pat in the live band, but Dave likes having lots of guitars in the mix, and it's not like it's an issue for them to split the money with one more. He was a past member (who wasn't fired), he's part of the family.
07:23 AM on 04/11/12
oldwirehands
User Info.
Well, Pat is an official member of the band now. I don't think it would be cool of Dave to tell him they don't need him when they play live. Unless I'm missing the point of your post. Are you saying it's pointless to even have Pat in the band?

Official member as in, a live member, or both live and studio? I've always known Foo as a four piece. I just don't agree with bands adding another guitar player for their live shows; it usually means the lead guy is more worried about working the crowd than working on their music, and that comes off as very gimmick-y.
07:46 AM on 04/11/12
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
Official member as in, a live member, or both live and studio? I've always known Foo as a four piece. I just don't agree with bands adding another guitar player for their live shows; it usually means the lead guy is more worried about working the crowd than working on their music, and that comes off as very gimmick-y.
He's been an official member for 2-3 years now.

EDIT: Yeah as in live and studio.
07:49 AM on 04/11/12
oldwirehands
User Info.
He's been an official member for 2-3 years now.

EDIT: Yeah as in live and studio.

Well, I haven't really followed the band since 2004-ish, so that explains why I wouldn't know haha.
08:31 AM on 04/11/12
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
Well, I haven't really followed the band since 2004-ish, so that explains why I wouldn't know haha.
How could you abandon the Foo Fighters?!?!?!?! Yeah he's been touring with them since the acoustic In Your Honor tour in 2005 and then they just embraced him as a full time member again.
08:36 AM on 04/11/12
oldwirehands
User Info.
How could you abandon the Foo Fighters?!?!?!?! Yeah he's been touring with them since the acoustic In Your Honor tour in 2005 and then they just embraced him as a full time member again.

They just went into a direction that I could no longer connect with as a fan, or artist. Still love all the classics like "Learn To Fly", "Big Me", and so on.
08:50 AM on 04/11/12
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
Mark's been quoted as saying he thinks fans only want to see a 1.5 hour show. And they want to hear only singles.

...So misinformed.
on his Reddit AMA he said 1.5 hours was the perfect amount of time

I saw Green Day last summer play for 3 hours straight with new songs, old songs, mashups of covers, extending songs to get the crowd involved....they're doing it right. No one wants to see stay together for the kids, down, or ghost on the dance floor live unless they played longer than 90 minutes
09:41 AM on 04/11/12
Baines on Toast
RIP Peace
User Info.
The guy has been screaming at the top of his lungs at shows since February 2011, I don't know how he even has a voice anymore!
I fully understand that. What I was saying wasn't me being critical, just stating the obvious really. I've seen this band live five times in my life and they've never let me down.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos