AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Mayday Parade News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mayday Parade
Inside AP.net

Mayday Parade Post Acoustic "When You See My...

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/11/12)
Mayday Parade have released a free acoustic version of “When You See My Friends” to celebrate reaching 1 million 'Likes' on Facebook. Check it out in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16.
11:31 AM on 04/11/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
[sc=0]42757641[/sc]
11:33 AM on 04/11/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
1 million likes? Holy shit.
11:52 AM on 04/11/12
despairfactor
User Info.
Love this band, but this kinda sucks in my opinion
12:05 PM on 04/11/12
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.
This was one of the songs I didn't really dig on the new record. Would have loved to hear an acoustic rendition of No Heroes Allowed.

Still, one million likes is freaking crazy.
12:14 PM on 04/11/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I really love Mayday Parade... But this seemed completely uninspired. Almost as if they were forced at gunpoint to do it.
12:38 PM on 04/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I really love Mayday Parade... But this seemed completely uninspired. Almost as if they were forced at gunpoint to do it.
the song or giving away a song? The band always runs promotions and this album was not that influenced by label after the their previous release.
12:52 PM on 04/11/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
The acoustic version from the album was better. Stupid move Mayday. Should have released a bside or different acoustic track. One people don't already have.

Just sayin
12:57 PM on 04/11/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
the song or giving away a song? The band always runs promotions and this album was not that influenced by label after the their previous release.
To me, this acoustic performance itself seems completely uninspired. I loved the newest release; it was a wonderful return to form for them, and I only hope that they continue to build upon it to give us something groundbreaking on their next release. But, as I said, this performance right here just sounds completely uninspired. "Hey guys, we've got an obligation to do this. Lets just get this done already" is the way it came across to me.

Now, I know that isn't the way Mayday Parade is (I've been a fan since Dead Friends) so I'll just write it off as a bad recording.
01:09 PM on 04/11/12
Clockwork00
Write it on the walls and read it.
User Info.
I like the laid-back vocals more than the kind of strained ones on the acoustic version that came with the album, but I would have much rather have had something that hadn't been done before. There was an acoustic version of You're Dead Wrong playing in the background of one of their tour updates and, while that wouldn't be my first pick songwise, I would have rather had that released.
01:21 PM on 04/11/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Love this band, so glad they came back strong.
01:53 PM on 04/11/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
ballin

- Gunz
03:21 PM on 04/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
To me, this acoustic performance itself seems completely uninspired. I loved the newest release; it was a wonderful return to form for them, and I only hope that they continue to build upon it to give us something groundbreaking on their next release. But, as I said, this performance right here just sounds completely uninspired. "Hey guys, we've got an obligation to do this. Lets just get this done already" is the way it came across to me.

Now, I know that isn't the way Mayday Parade is (I've been a fan since Dead Friends) so I'll just write it off as a bad recording.

To be fair this acoustic track has been out since the album's release. I like the originall better though as well.
04:45 PM on 04/11/12
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
Mayday Parade have been a consistent favorite of mine since I first found their EP so this is pretty cool.

And well done to them for hitting 1,000,000 "likes." Whatever facebook likes are or aren't worth, I guess not everyone thinks they turned to shit as soon as Jason left - which is what those people will have you believe.

Now who doesn't love free music?
07:29 PM on 04/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Love Mayday Parade. End of story.

Congrats to them for getting to 1 mil as well--thats a big milestone.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests