Username
Password
Facebook News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 78.
02:20 PM on 04/11/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
It's an Illuminati meeting place disguised as an abandoned social networking website.
02:21 PM on 04/11/12
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
Timeline seriously fucked up bandpages. It's messy as fuck, makes no sense and is such a pain in the ass to share your show dates. Bummed.
02:21 PM on 04/11/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
My main problem with it is that, at least on most pages I've seen, the left and right columns don't sync up chronologically. On my band's page, for instance, our posts about new stuff always go in the left column, but a post our singer made about our first demo a year ago just stays at the top of the right hand column, forever directing people to out of date information.
And the fact that it's billed as a "timeline" -- and yet on the top right there's just these boxes for apps and "recent activity." Completely ignoring the "timeline" idea.

Further, people posting on my wall doesn't really make sense to be be part of my timeline. That's for convos back and forth, not really life events. Meh.
02:23 PM on 04/11/12
priceofsilver
User Info.
Timeline for pages/bands is a mess. There's crap all over the place and it's prob gonna take people a little while to get used to it. No landing page is wack. The more effort a regular user has to put in to find a band's music the less of chance they'll listen.
02:28 PM on 04/11/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
Once I saw the timeline awhile back I was like "What is this Myspace 2.0?". In a year or so (or less) Facebook will be dead and a new social networking site will reign king.
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
not surprised, it's become a lot harder to find info / posts and to navigate with this kind of layout, and it's just tiring to even look at sometimes.
Jason Tate
User Info.
Timeline seriously fucked up bandpages. It's messy as fuck, makes no sense and is such a pain in the ass to share your show dates. Bummed.
To share basically anything that a band (hell, even other brands) would want to -- is effed up. As a landing page for bands, it's just not the right fit as is.
02:29 PM on 04/11/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
Once I saw the timeline awhile back I was like "What is this Myspace 2.0?". In a year or so (or less) Facebook will be dead and a new social networking site will reign king.
yep, i can see that happening...not as soon, but within a few years.
02:29 PM on 04/11/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'll bet you large sums of money this does not happen.
02:30 PM on 04/11/12
_veges_
User Info.
Even as someone who regularly checks bands walls, well now timelines, the organization is just harder to follow
02:31 PM on 04/11/12
_veges_
User Info.
i love timeline, i think it is fun and cool
-No one
02:33 PM on 04/11/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
The term less is more could not be any more correct to use right now. What drew me to even use Facebook over Myspace a few years ago was the simplicity of it.
02:36 PM on 04/11/12
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
no, me, i said that. i like looking back into my social networking past. it's fun, makes me feel nostalgia, and remember simpler times of my online life.
02:42 PM on 04/11/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
While I'm not 100% sold on it yet ... I think onesheet.com is a great alternative for bands looking for a landing page. HOWEVER, Facebook is too big to be ignored ... which is why I wish they would make a few changes to their newest new new current layout.
02:43 PM on 04/11/12
_veges_
User Info.
no, me, i said that. i like looking back into my social networking past. it's fun, makes me feel nostalgia, and remember simpler times of my online life.
Really? I get embarrassed
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums