Username
Password

12:04 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
flks511
You can't be my friend
Scottsdale, AZ
Male - 21 Years Old
I really like 21 Guns except for the bridge from Full House.
12:05 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtřrst
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
I agree with 21CB, it has a few solid tracks on it, but just didn't resonate for me. I get the feeling that at least for one or two of these albums that they're not going for the rock-opera stuff. Nothing they've played lately has suggested that's what they're leaning towards, outside of Billie Joe's quote, which just sounds like Billie Joe.
Yeah that's true. I just kind of assumed, I guess. I see the word "epic" and my brain just immediately thinks "big ambitious rock opera album". But yeah I'm still interested in how this album turns out. If nothing else I'll probably be able to just take a number of the best songs from each album and condense it into one on my iPod, haha.

edit - lol @ comment above. I actually love the bridge for that very reason.
12:52 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
Yes, the "Full House" bridge is the reason I don't skip over it when it plays on the radio.
01:01 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Why Bother?
#SOSVenezuela
Cambridge, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
21 Guns is horseshit. 21st Century Breakdown was hit or miss.

American Idiot was excellent, hurts who it hurts.
01:09 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
This is reinvention
England
Male - 24 Years Old
I hope this is good stuff. Otherwise, the best tracks should combine for a great mix.

Hey guy, I saw your quote Why the edit?
01:27 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
Hey guy, I saw your quote Why the edit?
Haha. I was cranky and I thought 'Well this doesn't have anything to do with anything."
06:14 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
SubStylee
I hope it's gonna sound like a 60's garage rock thing. Something similar to what they've done in Foxboro.
06:35 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtřrst
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
I hope not. Foxboro Hottubs was so boring.
06:40 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
SubStylee
I hope not. Foxboro Hottubs was so boring.

21st Century Breakdown was much much more boring.
06:41 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
neo506
Ten Stories
Greensboro, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
I just hope that this album is their last "big epic rock opera epic epic epic omg!!" album. Shrug. I loved American Idiot but 21st Century Breakdown was mostly pretty forgettable. It had some really good songs though, mostly the title track.

I guess I hope they ditch the rock opera shit because with the fact that this is a triple disc record and how bloated 21CB was it's like they feel the need to put every song they record on the album to make it as "epic" (hate that term) as possible. They're clearly still capable of writing good songs they just need to reel it in a little.

Part of what made American Idiot so enjoyable for me was its uniqueness in their catalog. Then they tried to repeat themselves with 21CB and didn't do nearly as good a job. I dunno, just my stupid take on it, I'm sure there's still gonna be a good number of songs from each of these discs I wind up enjoying so whatever.
This has kinda become a theme in green Day's career: hit on something that gets big...then repeatedly try to recreate it with shitty results
I really like 21 Guns except for the bridge from Full House.
hahahaha yeah. Tat and the fact that the summer it came out it was played constantly. Pretty sure it played 3 times in transformers 2 alone, no joke
06:49 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtřrst
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
21 Guns is alright. I think I like it more than Wake Me Up When September Ends but that could be due mostly to the fact that that song was somewhat ruined for me after that fucking terrible horrible no good very bad music video.
06:50 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Greg
This has kinda become a theme in green Day's career: hit on something that gets big...then repeatedly try to recreate it with shitty results
hahahaha yeah. Tat and the fact that the summer it came out it was played constantly. Pretty sure it played 3 times in transformers 2 alone, no joke
wait, what else did Green Day repeat that got shitty results? I get AI to 21CBD, but that's it.
06:52 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
SubStylee
Anyone looking forward to that American Idiot movie kinda thing?
06:54 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
MADSTA
~
Halifax
Female - 23 Years Old
it's going to sound like a two day old mass of diarrhea that has been swelling in the pit of my lower intesine being violently released from my ass in a swirl of black sludge and half digested popcorn particles
What an incredibly grotesque image that you just gave me. Thank you.
06:54 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
What an incredibly grotesque image that you just gave me. Thank you.

:)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version