Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 112
07:12 PM on 04/11/12
tobuildabridge
Nope. Wrong.
User Info.
i just want to sit down with axl for 45 minutes and just see what its like in his brain.
07:13 PM on 04/11/12
nevelsaynevels
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ya...dude can be a douche, but his letter was polite and well written.... go him... Dude took like 14 years to release an album......are you really suprise he has no desire to please anyone but himself or current lineup?
07:15 PM on 04/11/12
jaredrockstar
Jared Saia
User Info.
A true rocker declines entry into any conformist group. Fuck the man, Axl. Fuck the man.
07:18 PM on 04/11/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
I'm not a fan of Axl Rose by any means, but he handled this very well, especially considering the shit he's pulled in the past.
07:19 PM on 04/11/12
erick620
User Info.
what a dingus!
07:24 PM on 04/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
What a great letter written by his people.
07:32 PM on 04/11/12
bojl
asdf
User Info.
lulul
07:34 PM on 04/11/12
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really don't get why this makes him a "douche". He isn't trying to stop the other guys from getting nominated. He's just saying he is happy with the band he is with now and doesn't want to detract from that by doing something with the 'real' GnR.

Then again, people probably would call him a douche if he did a proper reunion as well, saying he's only in it for the money.

The point remains, Axl has done a ton of douchey things, but this isn't really one of them.

I agree. I have no idea what they sound like now. I'm not a fan of theirs, though there are 2 or 3 songs I've somewhat enjoyed, though mostly for the entertainment it provided on Guitar Hero. That he is saying that he PERSONALLY doesn't want to bow down to the people at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (who appear to be ignoring his personal unput on the induction) is fine by me. He isn't saying the band can't go in, just don't include him. He's doing nothing to shame or harm anyone but himself. He's not calling anyone out by name, at least in the manner of a smear campaign or something of that sort.

He's saying he doesn't like how the induction is being handled and so he doesn't want to be a part of it. HE is Axl Rose (terrible name, by the way). It's HIS decision to not participate on a PERSONAL level. No one else is being thrown under the bus this time, so calling him names or saying he's acting like a child doesn't apply here.
07:44 PM on 04/11/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
That's a beautifully written statement, which is making me question if he wrote it himself.
07:53 PM on 04/11/12
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
I don't even like GNR but there is some dumb ass comments overflowing in this thread.
08:00 PM on 04/11/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
If anyone has ever read Slash's book (it's a good read), Slash mentions that Axl doesn't live in our world. He lives in his own world, not like a delusion, he just sees things different from the majority of people. So this kinda makes sense.
08:02 PM on 04/11/12
Thug_Nasty
www.GridPins.com
User Info.
this is rock n roll.
08:05 PM on 04/11/12
SeanBNS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Someone needs to learn what a run-on sentence is.
08:06 PM on 04/11/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Gotta give Axl credit for sticking to his Guns (no pun intended). A totally phoned in reunion should would have been even more lame.
08:20 PM on 04/11/12
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
an open later?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT