AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hopeless Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: Hopeless Records

Posted by - 04:53 PM on 04/12/12
Starting at 5pm (PST) tonight, the staff from Hopeless Records will be hanging out and chatting in this thread. Come on in and see what it's like to work at one of the hottest labels today. Talk about their recent bands, how they find bands to sign, or just what a day in the life looks like for a Hopeless Record employee. I'm sure there's something ya wanna know.

All the label folk will be chatting with blue names. Have fun!

The chat is now over! Huge thank you to the label for doing this with us!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 232
04:53 PM on 04/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Rules for Chat
Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure that you aren't crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.

Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.

If they doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.

This is not a way to ask them for favors, to ask them if they'll make your voicemail message for you or visit you at your house.

Have fun. The idea is for everyone to talk together and share in a collective experience.

Some Posting Tips
Obviously you need to register for an account to participate. It's free. It's easy.

You may want to add an avatar to your account. It's that little icon by your post and it makes you stand out.

The chat takes place in the comments section of this thread -- it's just like a regular forum thread.

To reply to a post, click the "quote" link on it - and then type your reply. Simple.

To post a new reply, scroll to the bottom of the page and use either the "quick reply" box - or click the "write a comment" button.

If this is your first time on the website, remember that it may take a little getting used to - but we hope we made the experience easy for even first time posters. Hope you have a good time. Don't forget to come back daily to see what kinds of things we have going on during the day. Or follow us on twitter or facebook to not miss any important announcements.
04:56 PM on 04/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
First, thanks for doing this with us ... we definitely appreciate it!

Hmm, my questions:

1) I've seen comments that Hopeless promotes or puts $ behind some artists more than others, is that true and how's it all shake out?

2) What's a regular day like?

3) Can we hear new Yellowcard songs?

4) What are your personal favorite Hopeless releases?
04:58 PM on 04/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Note: Posted this up a tad early ... just wanted to make sure it was up in time.
04:59 PM on 04/12/12
HopelessIan
User Info.
Hello everyone. Don't know how I'm gonna get through all these questions! 3 so far
05:00 PM on 04/12/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Hello everyone. Don't know how I'm gonna get through all these questions! 3 so far
this isn't a question, but I love your label. haha

but I will second one of Jason's questions and ask when can we hear new YC?!?! haha
05:00 PM on 04/12/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Any compilations coming for this summer? Rare songs? Tracklists?
05:01 PM on 04/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
MayaFelice152
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A day in the life of working at Hopeless?
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Sign me ;)

Haha, for real though. How's it feel to be such an important label to the current music scene?
05:02 PM on 04/12/12
HopelessNatalie
Hopeless Records
User Info.
You gonna go to Warped Tour? We'll have an awesome comp that you can grab there.
HopelessLizzy
Hopeless Records
User Info.
We're currently working on the Take Action compilation. It's looking great so far, a lot of exclusives!
SincerelyMe
Long live the car crash hearts
User Info.
What the hell happened to the TDS War Paint vinyl?
HopelessIan
User Info.
Jason, huge thank you from all of Hopeless to you, the AP.net staff, and everyone who reads this site for all the support and love over the years. Definitely the most interesting and passionate online community in our scene.
05:03 PM on 04/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Who's job is it to get the Dangerous Summer a new van?

/Figure if I ask I can guarantee this thread exploding, right?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos