AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Cancer Bats

Posted by - 08:15 AM on 04/13/12
Check out our interview with Cancer Bats here. Dead Set on Living will be released through Distort on Tuesday and it's streaming over here.
From the InterviewWe finished all the music, I was starting to work on the lyrics and then my friend went into the hospital. It was what I was directly thinking about at that time and it kind of naturally took over. I was super stoked in the end that things worked out and that’s why it’s more positive in the end. A song like “Old Blood” is me coming out of that and being more positive. But some of the other songs, like “R.A.T.S.” and “The Void,” came from being around in that situation as well.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
08:56 AM on 04/13/12
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
I'd like to check them out, I missed them on the Taste of Chaos (no fucking way I was going to sit through full sets by Pierce the Veil, Bring Me the Horizon, and Four Year Strong just to see them) but I've heard good things.

What album do you recommend?
09:11 AM on 04/13/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I'd like to check them out, I missed them on the Taste of Chaos (no fucking way I was going to sit through full sets by Pierce the Veil, Bring Me the Horizon, and Four Year Strong just to see them) but I've heard good things.

What album do you recommend?

Yeah, they're pretty intense live. I think they'll be touring the States later this year so I'm sure you'll get your chance eventually.

I definitely think you should listen to Dead Set on Living when it's released, but in the meantime, check out Hail Destroyer.

EDIT: I just got the word that the record is streaming on their Facebook.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos