AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 51
01:40 PM on 04/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Just an FYI - Randy Nichols is a 27 year old kid trying to make a living in the music industry with a few acts, and very much NOT a veteran. He is posting hatred to another company to fuel his own business app and websites (see the posts it is kinda hilarious) in this he is clever in getting some interesting people in the music industry exposed to his own agenda and ideas. I can't believe nobody else has seen this. Chris Kilbourn is a former artist himself and is aware of the way managers work. Because he saw a way to help bands people are giving him nothing but crap! What the hell?!
Randy is 39.

The Starting Line, Underoath, Hit the Lights ... one point JamisonParker, Say Anything. You don't know what you're talking about.
01:47 PM on 04/13/12
Rae_undid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh hey, thanks for deleting my comment - I guess this IS a hate fest on a person for gossip rather than an ACTUAL legitimate talk about a company. Just in case you haven't seen it, I said something to the following effect:

"Just an FYI - but the Randy kid you say is a Veteran in this business is a 27 yr old kid with a few acts to manage. He knows Monolith is a sound business but is posting hate about it to fuel the push of his own business apps and websites. The post is clever in that it has drawn in some interesting people in the business and he is leveraging it to get people on to his own business ideas. I can't believe people have not seen this - check the post, its hilarious!) "

All the positive responses are being overlooked and all the negative ones are apparently the most solid. I suggest that the poster of this thread is BFFs with the Randy person who is maliciously attacking a company founded by a former artist who saw a way to help smaller acts develop into larger ones - point and case as per their website which I have researched and it is legitimate.
01:48 PM on 04/13/12
Rae_undid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh my comment is back - 39 not 27, a few acts, way to go.
01:57 PM on 04/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Oh hey, thanks for deleting my comment - I guess this IS a hate fest on a person for gossip rather than an ACTUAL legitimate talk about a company.
Your comment wasn't deleted, what the fuck are you talking about? I directly quoted it. It's right above.

Quote:
Just in case you haven't seen it, I said something to the following effect:

"Just an FYI - but the Randy kid you say is a Veteran in this business is a 27 yr old kid with a few acts to manage. He knows Monolith is a sound business but is posting hate about it to fuel the push of his own business apps and websites. The post is clever in that it has drawn in some interesting people in the business and he is leveraging it to get people on to his own business ideas. I can't believe people have not seen this - check the post, its hilarious!) "
Still wrong.

Quote:
All the positive responses are being overlooked and all the negative ones are apparently the most solid. I suggest that the poster of this thread is BFFs with the Randy person who is maliciously attacking a company founded by a former artist who saw a way to help smaller acts develop into larger ones - point and case as per their website which I have researched and it is legitimate.
You can't be a real person.
02:11 PM on 04/13/12
Scholar
www.absolutepunk.net/scholarny
User Info.
They contacted us a bunch of times, and I talked to a couple of the dudes...they don't seem very malicious or evil (especially since, yes, a flat rate and not contract means you can cut ties any time), but I could tell they weren't much more experienced than ourselves, and everything we do on our own would probably be equivalent to what they would bring to the table. But if they make some different moves, and change up some things, I could see it being more legitimate. We didn't use them, though.

We went with Courtney Love. Her daughter is a huge Scholar fan, apparently.
02:12 PM on 04/13/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
hahahaa Rae_undid

10 bucks he's affiliated with Monolith
02:16 PM on 04/13/12
TSLManager
User Info.
Rae, do a little research on me, ask the bands I manage or have managed Underoath, The Almost, Hit The Lights, Fake Problems, Say Anything, JamsionParker, The Pilfers, Aaron Sprinkle, Aaron Gillespie or my friends in many of the biggest bands this site writes about, I have been around and have a reputation for doing the right thing. If doing the research is too much work look at who the people commenting on that Facebook post are and its the people that run our scene. We are looking out to protect young artists and young managers getting roped into a scam. I actually felt bad attacking a company and hurting someones life and spoke to Monolith's CEO and gave him some advice on how to take his company in a more legit fashion. He had nothing but respect for me and thanked me for offering him advice after all this.

I'm never one to pat myself on the back and say im successful but I've done alright for the last 15 years and would like to use that influence I've gained to help people. I'm not a well known name so I understand you didnt know and that's cool but if you really believe I'm wrong I can't fix stupid.

Just an FYI - Randy Nichols is a 27 year old kid trying to make a living in the music industry with a few acts, and very much NOT a veteran. He is posting hatred to another company to fuel his own business app and websites (see the posts it is kinda hilarious) in this he is clever in getting some interesting people in the music industry exposed to his own agenda and ideas. I can't believe nobody else has seen this. Chris Kilbourn is a former artist himself and is aware of the way managers work. Because he saw a way to help bands people are giving him nothing but crap! What the hell?!
02:49 PM on 04/13/12
TSLManager
User Info.
You nailed it perfectly, I've spoken to a few of their managers and they are good people trying to learn. I think these guys will make some changes and get it right in time. I would just be very careful until they figure it out.

They contacted us a bunch of times, and I talked to a couple of the dudes...they don't seem very malicious or evil (especially since, yes, a flat rate and not contract means you can cut ties any time), but I could tell they weren't much more experienced than ourselves, and everything we do on our own would probably be equivalent to what they would bring to the table. But if they make some different moves, and change up some things, I could see it being more legitimate. We didn't use them, though.

We went with Courtney Love. Her daughter is a huge Scholar fan, apparently.
02:50 PM on 04/13/12
nevelsaynevels
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it sucks that there are so many of these kind of companies that just take advantage of the naive, up and coming bands.
02:55 PM on 04/13/12
TSLManager
User Info.
As we as a business become aware of them we will speak up and try to teach bands the truth. It's sad because the business has changed and it's harder for us managers to make a living but deceptive practices is not the answer!
05:42 PM on 04/13/12
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
User Info.
We were approached by them recently. We can't even begin to think about paying 200 when we don't even bring in that much as it is. I feel that management should work on a percentage so they have the drive to make sure you're successful. Then in the end, both parties benefit from it.
05:54 PM on 04/13/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
I think I understood 9 words in that post.
06:07 PM on 04/13/12
rob_dr
http://www.twitter.com/roberto_dr
User Info.
We got approached from them not too long ago (keep in mind we're from Spain). I always reply to everyone who shows interest in my band as touring the US/releasing an album there is one of my biggest dreams. I told them somthing like "We'd love to work with you guys but right now we're completely broke because we're still paying for the recording of our album. If you are still interested, we'd love to get a reply from you"

They never replied. I guess they didn't give a shit about us in the first place.
07:50 PM on 04/13/12
crippledmark
Babysitter / Guidance Counselor
User Info.
Randy, you managed The Pilfers? That's awesome! I never knew about your checkered past.
08:58 PM on 04/13/12
mattdbf
Divided by Friday
User Info.
oh my comment is back - 39 not 27, a few acts, way to go.

Lol you're funny. Still not 100% convinced you're being serious. Randy is the man!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos