AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:27 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
JoshKilpatrickL
It Didn't Have To Be This Way
Male - 22 Years Old
Last July, on the 21st, I had move sugar than usual (waffle with whip cream, a slice of cake, etc.) within 8 hours of each other and the next day I felt light headed, weak, my face turned ghostly white, and got tunnel vision at work and passed out before waking up in the freezer and the ambulance came. I thought it could have just been a heat flash, due to not being able to eat while at work for 10 hours, heat from the grills, and the air conditioning not working. So a few months went by and on October 16th, I did the same thing again. I ate a bunch of sweets, more than I usually do, and the next day I felt the same way I did in the summer (weak, light headed, and tunnel vision) but I didn't pass out and just sat down and drank water and it went away within a few minutes. That's when I first started to think it could be linked to the sugar I had ate the day before. Then on Friday, I ate tons of sugar (a few brownies, 2 bowls of cinnamon cereal, a few snacks then and there, but still more than usual). Then last night, after seeing The Cabin In The Woods, the same thing happened and I had to sit down for a while and drink water.

Do you think this could be diabetes related? Both of my grandfathers have type 2 diabetes and I heard it skips so I wouldn't be surprised if I have problems with it. I've already scheduled an appointment to get my blood tested for this week.

Edit: Also, i'm 5'10'', 150 pounds, I run every day and play baseball, so I doubt it's weight related. If anything it's probably genetics, but i'll found out Tuesday when I talk to my doctor.
03:30 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
honey bunny that's the funny thing
omnipresent
Female

Yes, go to the doctor you gluttonous pig. Jesus fucking Christ, why do you eat like a bottomless pit? Have some self-control and self-respect.
04:04 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
KellyGleason
Long Island
Female - 25 Years Old
^ Really insensitive.

Yeah ask them to do a glucose tolerance test.
04:09 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Doesn't sound like diabetes though. But it could be. If your body can't bring down the sugar you take in then sure, but it seems that it only happens when you splurge. You keep shocking your system, that doesn't mean diabetes, just means you beat up your body.
04:45 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah dude I'd talk to a doctor about this ASAP.
04:47 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
I have had Type One since I was 10 years old. I'd be happy to answer other stuff for you but, no, my guess is that's not diabetes . But, like it was said about, just go ask a doctor. It's not a hard thing to test for, ya know?

I know for me, when I was first diagnosed, I had an unquenchable thirst and literally went to the bathroom every 10 minutes. But I was also 10, so I may have been missing the signs for a while at that point.

But yeah, ask whatever if you've got an questions, and see a doctor if you are sincerely concerned-it doesn't seem like anything too serious now (to my non profession self), but that doesn't mean it's not an early sign or whatever.
05:12 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
Napzz
Male - 22 Years Old

Yes, go to the doctor you gluttonous pig. Jesus fucking Christ, why do you eat like a bottomless pit? Have some self-control and self-respect.

Logged in to tell you that you're probably fat and ugly.
05:20 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
yeah, definitely doesn't sound good. It doesn't sound like diabetes though..maybe some other metabolic thing. I hope they get it straightened out soon! good luck
05:53 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
JoshKilpatrickL
It Didn't Have To Be This Way
Male - 22 Years Old
Also, i'm 5'10'', 150 pounds, I run every day and play baseball, so I doubt it's weight related. If anything it's probably genetics, but i'll found out Tuesday when I talk to my doctor.
06:23 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I've been having this happen too, except mine has no connection to sugar, and it also causes me to vomit at the end of it if I manage to not pass out. I don't know what's up!
06:37 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
2's&3's
deep in thoug...
the fact that you remember the dates and exactly what you were eating tells me that: A. You have an incredible memory. B. The event was so traumatic that you can recall every detail. C. You're weird.

i'd venture to say that you've indulged on sugary foods on more than three occasions over the past 9 months. have you ever exceeded your usual intake and not experienced these symptoms? if it is truly related to an overdose on sugar, some of your symptoms are consistent with acute hyperglycemia.

however, your body's inability to regulate blood glucose could be a result of several conditions. most of these conditions lead to painful swelling in your testicles. i hope your appointment is soon enough, otherwise you may lose your ability to have an erection. good luck.
06:58 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
amymarissa
Um, hi.
I would certainly go to the doctor and get a diagnosis. My brother did the same thing (didn't pass out, but tunnel vision and such did happen) and he finally started eating healthier and it cleared up. Your body can only take so much and it's very important at a young age to keep your blood sugar in check so as to not develop something.
07:14 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
Archael
listens to good music
Male - 20 Years Old
A. You have an incredible memory. B. The event was so traumatic that you can recall every detail. C. You're weird.

I lol'd. Not that being weird is a bad thing.
08:25 PM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
Jimmy_Love
Philadelphia/Lancast...
Male - 23 Years Old
Dude, this has happened to me and it ended up I was severely malnourished. I was eating, but it was mostly junk. Not to judge your eating habits, but it sounds like you're kind of like me. Start eating decent foods, but go to the doctor just to be safe.
02:11 PM on 04/16/12 
User Info.
cococrisp20
3Hunna

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News