Username
Password
Release Date News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Release Date
Inside AP.net

Paper + Plastick Announce Story/Song

Posted by: Jason Gardner (04/16/12)
Paper + Plastick Records has announced a new comic book/music project called "Story/Song." The project will feature one 12-page comic book a month that is written based on a song. The band will change every month, and it will be a brand-new recording of an already existing song. The first installment will be in late May and feature the music of Tony Sly. Read more in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8.
09:27 PM on 04/16/12
Jason Gardner
facedesk.jpg
User Info.
Press ReleaseToday Paper + Plastick Records has announced a new joint comic book and music venture that it is calling “Story/Song.” The project will involve a newly recorded version of an existing song from an artist or band and a 12-page graphic novel to accompany it.

The 12-page story will be based on the song at hand, and each story will be self-contained, although there may be recurring characters at times. The graphic novels will be available for download along with the new, exclusive versions of the songs in the Paper + Plastick webstore.

The first installation of “Story/Song” will be with Tony Sly and Matt Anderson will write the script. Anderson, who has worked with Paper + Plastick previously on the “50 States” webcomic series, describes “Story/Song” as “the reverse of compiling a soundtrack for a movie.”

“In this case, you have the songs that complement the story,” Anderson says. “We already have the soundtrack in the song, and are now trying to create a story that complements it. The stories will not be a literal adaptation of the song’s lyrics but will use the lyrics as a foundation to build something entirely new.

Look out for the first installation of “Story/Song” with Tony Sly in late May.
10:05 PM on 04/16/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
This is neat. This sounds like a cool idea, and Tony Sly is classic.
10:22 PM on 04/16/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
Nice. I like how Paper + Plastick are incorporating comics with their music. It's a cool idea.
10:23 PM on 04/16/12
francescaa
User Info.
Interesting idea. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
03:53 AM on 04/17/12
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.
Definitely a cool idea.
09:24 AM on 04/17/12
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
This is gonna be awesome I think/hope. I'm excited that the 1st one is of Tony Sly as well!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS