Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 39 of 39
10:56 AM on 04/17/12
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I said I'd listen to it, not that I'd like it.

The only time I listen to stuff like that is to show others how awful it it.
11:33 AM on 04/17/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
These guys are like the new Glorious Unseen, whatever happened to those dudes?
11:34 AM on 04/17/12
Bruycker
User Info.
I'm not religious by any means. But I respect these people. It is really really strong. And the music is written with so much honesty. Some of my favorite bands play Christian music (Mewithoutyou, So Long Forgotten, As Cities Burn, My Epic...) and it's so interesting to read those lyrics. Okay Ascend The Hill brings them not subtle by any means. But for example "I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship" (Mewithoutyou) is something all of us can reflect to. And it can inspire us. at least it did inspire me. They write music with passion and that's what I connect to. And I respect people for bashing the lyrics or whatever, but you can't deny honesty.
11:38 AM on 04/17/12
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
These guys are like the new Glorious Unseen, whatever happened to those dudes?
They're making a new album; funding began via Kickstarter, and I think they're relatively close to reaching their goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...r ious+unseen
11:39 AM on 04/17/12
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
I'm not religious by any means. But I respect these people. It is really really strong. And the music is written with so much honesty. Some of my favorite bands play Christian music (Mewithoutyou, So Long Forgotten, As Cities Burn, My Epic...) and it's so interesting to read those lyrics. Okay Ascend The Hill brings them not subtle by any means. But for example "I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship" (Mewithoutyou) is something all of us can reflect to. And it can inspire us. at least it did inspire me. They write music with passion and that's what I connect to. And I respect people for bashing the lyrics or whatever, but you can't deny honesty.

Dang, these guys need to release a new record, lol.
12:22 PM on 04/17/12
bjam12
Not this year
User Info.
Looking forward to hearing this when I get home.
12:48 PM on 04/17/12
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
I'm Jewish and I love this band. The musical talent is unparalleled. Maybe a tip to listeners who are turned off by the lyrics: instead of automatically coming to the conclusion they are singing about loving God/Jesus, imagine they are singing about a love for a person. Or rather, if they are singing about the grace of God, imagine they are singing about the beauty of the universe. I'm not entirely sure if that helps but it's something that keeps me listening.
that's the approach I have when I try to listen to Christian bands.. and they're more tolerable if the music is good.. even if I don't like worship bands.. but my question is: if Dustin Kensrue worships this band then AP.net will worship God?
05:15 AM on 04/19/12
Spartan789013
I have unpopular opinions
User Info.
The only time I listen to stuff like that is to show others how awful it it.
Hey you should check out this really cool piano/hardcore band called Attack! Attack!.
09:01 AM on 04/19/12
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey you should check out this really cool piano/hardcore band called Attack! Attack!.

Been there, done that. Attack! Attack! is like amateur hour for listening to shitty bands.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos