Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 87.
02:18 PM on 04/17/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
S'gon be amazin'. Also I figured out the other day that the 5-year anniversary of So Wrong It's Right is on September 25th. Guess what day it falls on? thats right a tuesday. Think itd be awesome if they were able to release it that day. They'll definitely be done recording by warped, then Interscope has 3 months to get it mixed, mastered, and do all the label stuff so I think its possible, but with a major label and how long it took them to put out DW ya never know.
Another cool thing is, they started recording SWIR on this day, five years ago.
02:19 PM on 04/17/12
saddr weirdr
User Info.
I wish this band to stop trying to make music for the mainstream radio, stop trying to make music to please their old fans, and just make the music they want to make.
02:28 PM on 04/17/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I hope this thing is good, I really, really, want to like All Time Low again.
02:47 PM on 04/17/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Another cool thing is, they started recording SWIR on this day, five years ago.
Really? thats pretty awesome. So were right on schedule haha and to your other comment I'm positive this album will rekindle a lot of the fanbase they lost from their past two records. Even people on here.

Alex specifically said in interviews they are not going to try for radio and going back to being All Time Low, are going back to only drums, two guitars, bass, and vox, the songs will be more cohesive and not random like DW, and using one producer in one allotted amount of time (now until Warped). A month ago he said hes in the most creative place in awhile, and we already know his writing and vocal abilities. Rian has been saying how difficult the drum parts are which basically means its not pop songs and its fast tempos.

All this + Alex's voice and writing talent = One kick ass record. Im excited
02:52 PM on 04/17/12
Jspence33
Bruins97
User Info.
Mike Green should focus on hockey.

Seriously. You don't see Chara pulling this shit.
02:56 PM on 04/17/12
saddr weirdr
User Info.
Really? thats pretty awesome. So were right on schedule haha and to your other comment I'm positive this album will rekindle a lot of the fanbase they lost from their past two records. Even people on here.

Alex specifically said in interviews they are not going to try for radio and going back to being All Time Low, are going back to only drums, two guitars, bass, and vox, the songs will be more cohesive and not random like DW, and using one producer in one allotted amount of time (now until Warped). A month ago he said hes in the most creative place in awhile, and we already know his writing and vocal abilities. Rian has been saying how difficult the drum parts are which basically means its not pop songs and its fast tempos.

All this + Alex's voice and writing talent = One kick ass record. Im excited
So am I, dude. Even with their last album in the picture (which, let's be honest, was pretty fucking bad), they're one of my favorite bands. They have a great deal of talent that just hasn't been channeled optimally with their past two releases and I'm stoked/anxious to see them returning to their roots.

One thing I was hoping for was Paul Leavitt producing this album but I guess they're too big for him now, haha. I'm sure Green will do a fantastic job though, especially since Alex seems comfortable working with him.

Do you know if they're doing any co-writes for this record?
02:56 PM on 04/17/12
Jspence33
Bruins97
User Info.
Hopefully they post some studio updates on Facebook/Twitter so we can get a glimpse at some of these new tunes. They will probably play some of these new songs on Warped Tour too.
02:59 PM on 04/17/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
The only way ATL will "blow our minds" is if they come to our homes, point a gun at our heads--and then pull the trigger. I wish them luck, but I predict a hiatus after this album. It's time for some side projects or a new direction.
hahaha agreed.
03:06 PM on 04/17/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
absolutely no expectations for this
03:12 PM on 04/17/12
70x7brandnew
User Info.
Love this band. Very excited for new material; but more importantly, judging from their tweets, no one's more excited than the four guys themselves. For a good while, every other tweet Alex had was about his lyrics/wanting to play the songs. Yay.
03:28 PM on 04/17/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
So am I, dude. Even with their last album in the picture (which, let's be honest, was pretty fucking bad), they're one of my favorite bands. They have a great deal of talent that just hasn't been channeled optimally with their past two releases and I'm stoked/anxious to see them returning to their roots.

One thing I was hoping for was Paul Leavitt producing this album but I guess they're too big for him now, haha. I'm sure Green will do a fantastic job though, especially since Alex seems comfortable working with him.

Do you know if they're doing any co-writes for this record?
Not that I know of. I think it's just Alex and Mike. Alex and him wrote like 9 songs in December then finished up after their Simple Plan tour. Theyre tracking tomorrow so Im going to guess all the songs are written and all were done by Alex and Green.

Well I dont blame you for not diggin the last two records. Each record since PUOSU has progressively been more poppier. But for me, I love pop and Nothing Personal and think its pop rock gold. Dirty Work I think has some great songs too but yes they tried to hard to appeal to different audiences and it obviously fell short. Luckily Alex obviously realized that and has made it a point to not continue in that direction and let people know about it.

Personally I wouldve preferred Neal Avron over anybody. Neal has produced and co-written some of my favorite records and bands like Ocean Avenue, Sticks And Stones, and From Under The Cork Tree, which all blew up their respective bands. I really think him and Alex would hit it off and make one amazing record together. Yellowcard has said that they think of him as their 6th member and the bands that work with him always go back to him. Im happy with Green because hes also a great writer and producer, but its not a coincidence how all the artists Neal works with are successful.
03:40 PM on 04/17/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I'm stoked for this record. All of their albums but DW were great, and even DW grew on me somewhat. Unless these guys do something really out there, this next record will not disappoint.
03:44 PM on 04/17/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
04:01 PM on 04/17/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Hey! Been a long time!
05:04 PM on 04/17/12
soccerlord357
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
looking forward to the collaboration Patrick Stump...he and Alex's song writing abilities will make for one hell of a song.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums