Password
All Time Low News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 87 of 87.
09:58 AM on 04/21/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
This. Really hope they do
"After 7 days of prepro and 10-11 hours of tracking, I am FINISHED drums for the new record. This one is something very special. So excited!" - Rian

01:41 PM on 04/21/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
"After 7 days of prepro and 10-11 hours of tracking, I am FINISHED drums for the new record. This one is something very special. So excited!" - Rian

Ohhhh YES! this is awesome! Now im guessing guitars will be coming next week?
02:22 PM on 04/21/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Ohhhh YES! this is awesome! Now im guessing guitars will be coming next week?
Yup. They don't have a show till the 18th of May. Theyll do bass first probably then guitar, maybe write some guitar melodies if need be, and then vocals. Im so happy with this process though. I think without worrying about radio, synths and different producers input, It made the writing process more efficient and got Alex back into his comfort zone of just writing great catchy songs, but still allowed him to challenge the bands progression sound-wise. I think thats why this has gone so smoothly so far and why he said "Im actually in the most creative place Ive been in a while".

Hearing Rian talk about how his hands hurt and how "Alex decided he hated me this record, and thought up some crazy ass parts." means that 1. The music is faster and more complex 2. and more importantly, means that Alex had a great writing experience. I mean writing a song is hard enough about thinking about harmonic structure, a hook, melodies, the vocal line and phrasing...etc. And the fact that Alex had time to write these "crazy-ass" drum parts for every song means that he really kicked ass these past 4 or 5 months writing and was really meticulous with each song. This records gonna blow people out of the water. My expectations are high.
05:53 AM on 05/01/12
SubhiMarciano
User Info.
I really wish they would quit the whole "we want to be on the radio" bullshit. They have so much potential as a band that they're throwing away to sound like the majority? I want music from them not this standardized radio-gunk.
09:59 AM on 05/08/12
JDubs66
User Info.
Update: Alex tweeted late last night " Back to Los Angeles the finish this record. Brooms."

This record is coming along fast! Will almost certainly be done before warped and hopefully out just a short time after. Heres to hoping thats how it works out! Sept. 25th.... :)
09:56 PM on 05/08/12
JDubs66
User Info.
Yup. They don't have a show till the 18th of May. Theyll do bass first probably then guitar, maybe write some guitar melodies if need be, and then vocals. Im so happy with this process though. I think without worrying about radio, synths and different producers input, It made the writing process more efficient and got Alex back into his comfort zone of just writing great catchy songs, but still allowed him to challenge the bands progression sound-wise. I think thats why this has gone so smoothly so far and why he said "Im actually in the most creative place Ive been in a while".

Hearing Rian talk about how his hands hurt and how "Alex decided he hated me this record, and thought up some crazy ass parts." means that 1. The music is faster and more complex 2. and more importantly, means that Alex had a great writing experience. I mean writing a song is hard enough about thinking about harmonic structure, a hook, melodies, the vocal line and phrasing...etc. And the fact that Alex had time to write these "crazy-ass" drum parts for every song means that he really kicked ass these past 4 or 5 months writing and was really meticulous with each song. This records gonna blow people out of the water. My expectations are high.
So alex's tweet today was rather confusing, he said "guitars/vox touch ups" are they really already done recording those too?!? lol if so that was probably the fastest recording process ever and they were very quiet about it as well haha
10:37 PM on 05/08/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
So alex's tweet today was rather confusing, he said "guitars/vox touch ups" are they really already done recording those too?!? lol if so that was probably the fastest recording process ever and they were very quiet about it as well haha
Thats not confusing at all haha That means theyre basically done. What awesome fuckin news. This is probably his last week or so there then. In which case this album could definitely be released in September or at least this year. And I wouldnt say its that fast, its just that they did it the more conventional way with one alotted amount of time, and it doesnt take months to record an album, especially since him and Mike wrote all the songs before March ya know.

regardless. This is going to be a kick ass record. I know weve said this repeatedly haha but I can just feel it.
08:58 AM on 05/09/12
JDubs66
User Info.
Thats not confusing at all haha That means theyre basically done. What awesome fuckin news. This is probably his last week or so there then. In which case this album could definitely be released in September or at least this year. And I wouldnt say its that fast, its just that they did it the more conventional way with one alotted amount of time, and it doesnt take months to record an album, especially since him and Mike wrote all the songs before March ya know.

regardless. This is going to be a kick ass record. I know weve said this repeatedly haha but I can just feel it.
Lol i just thought it was confusing bc i had no idea that they had already done guitars and vox at all yet haha yeah id say that is GREAT news and i don't see them having any problem getting this out by september let alone this year...as long as we don't have another debacle like Interscope did with Dirty Work (that is if they are really still even with them or not now..I think they are but who really knows besides them lol) Yeah its great that they did it all at once rather than doing it around touring. I spose in that case it wouldn't take long at all haha especially if Rian did all the drums in one day...BEAST lol

But yeah i couldn't agree more, I think this record could very well be their best just based on everything they have been saying and will shut up all the haters...and get all the old and new fans that had left back on the bus haha SO PUMPED FOR THIS RECORD!
11:53 AM on 05/09/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Lol i just thought it was confusing bc i had no idea that they had already done guitars and vox at all yet haha yeah id say that is GREAT news and i don't see them having any problem getting this out by september let alone this year...as long as we don't have another debacle like Interscope did with Dirty Work (that is if they are really still even with them or not now..I think they are but who really knows besides them lol) Yeah its great that they did it all at once rather than doing it around touring. I spose in that case it wouldn't take long at all haha especially if Rian did all the drums in one day...BEAST lol

But yeah i couldn't agree more, I think this record could very well be their best just based on everything they have been saying and will shut up all the haters...and get all the old and new fans that had left back on the bus haha SO PUMPED FOR THIS RECORD!
"I've never been as proud or as fond of an album as I am this one."

"I am absolutely thrilled to say that we are one giant step closer to finishing this record-- a record that I've poured my whole heart into."
-Alex

GAHHHHHHHHHHH. This shit is going to be ba-nananas.
12:04 PM on 05/09/12
JDubs66
User Info.
"I've never been as proud or as fond of an album as I am this one."

"I am absolutely thrilled to say that we are one giant step closer to finishing this record-- a record that I've poured my whole heart into."
-Alex

GAHHHHHHHHHHH. This shit is going to be ba-nananas.
I just saw those too..oh man that is awesome!!

I never heard him say anything like this about DW or any other album for that matter lol this album is going to be EPIC! Just wish we would get some studio updates or something..just to get a taste of it! haha

STOKED
12:23 PM on 05/09/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
I just saw those too..oh man that is awesome!!

I never heard him say anything like this about DW or any other album for that matter lol this album is going to be EPIC! Just wish we would get some studio updates or something..just to get a taste of it! haha

STOKED
Eh. Im alright with it. Cuz once they release a song its going to be like 1938457298435x better. Haters are gonna have to eat their words about this band after this album. This + Yellowcards new album are definitely gonna battle for my AOTY.
09:22 PM on 05/09/12
JDubs66
User Info.
Eh. Im alright with it. Cuz once they release a song its going to be like 1938457298435x better. Haters are gonna have to eat their words about this band after this album. This + Yellowcards new album are definitely gonna battle for my AOTY.
Yeah this is very true..tho im betting Alex will be himself and leak something at some point, prolly something not making the record this time tho..he always seems to do that haha Oh you got that right, the haters ain't gunna have nothing on them after this record!

Same here man, im EXTREMELY looking forward to this one obviously lol and the YC one is probably going to be sick as well! I'm also intrigued by the new BLG album, don't think it will be up there with ATL and YC but looking forward to that too
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums