Password
The Gaslight Anthem News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57.
07:38 PM on 04/17/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seems like that would have been such an awesome thing to attend. During his performance, he said, "I was only supposed to play 3 or 4 songs but I know you guys took a lot of time out of your day and some of you drove pretty far to be here so I am going to play 10 songs."

But dammit, every time I see a TGA icon, my heart drops because I think it's news about Handwritten.
09:05 PM on 04/17/12
neo506
Ten Stories
User Info.
Me too. So. So. So random.

No wonder Jesse Lacey became a recluse.
Its only a matter of time until there's a picture online of Jesse fixing his toliet
09:16 PM on 04/17/12
KidASquared
sung by a hack
User Info.
Hot Wudder Music
10:24 PM on 04/17/12
csav12
User Info.
.at times hes come off as racist (revival tour talking about a sister and doing a schuckin n jivin impression of a black woman).

jesus christ...
11:24 PM on 04/17/12
NickMadeVisible
User Info.
Its only a matter of time until there's a picture online of Jesse fixing his toliet
I've seen one of him mowing his lawn.
03:57 AM on 04/18/12
francescaa
User Info.
Ugh, my internet connection is so bad right now, the video is being really glitchy for me. I'll definitely be bookmarking it to come back to when I can, though. I've always found him very interesting.
05:17 AM on 04/18/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
My favorite part was when he was talking about growing up and playing and the fact his friends and family stuck with him when the did not have to. I really liked the part where the one audience member took his comment about what he'd say to his late 20s son still playing in basements as a joke. He showed how serious this band takes their job. This band's blue collar work ethic is really refreshing. How many bands do we see kind of get a little complacent/comfortable after success and then kind of fizzle out. The fact they realize and understand their career is predicated on popular opinion and therefore, want to get as much done in that window as possible is a great way to look at it. Not many bands get the luxury of time.
05:34 AM on 04/18/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean, we got frontmen stealing from their fans ... but hey, at least they're not "aww schucks" ...amirite?[/quote]

Ok. Probobly my favorite band. Probobly my least favorite interview/stage banter. Is that fair?
05:36 AM on 04/18/12
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
haha that interview was awesome, but painfully awkward at times.

when he was playing the clip of Film Noir it just seemed so god damn awkward, especially because not 5 minutes before that Brian was talking about how he found it creepy that people would send him his own lyrics and stuff... then boom, sitting on stage with a dude, not looking at anything in particular and just waiting for the clip of his own song to end haha.
06:19 AM on 04/18/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
haha that interview was awesome, but painfully awkward at times.

when he was playing the clip of Film Noir it just seemed so god damn awkward, especially because not 5 minutes before that Brian was talking about how he found it creepy that people would send him his own lyrics and stuff... then boom, sitting on stage with a dude, not looking at anything in particular and just waiting for the clip of his own song to end haha.
Haha I see what you mean, but the interviewer had a reason for it. He was going somewhere with that clip. To me, Brian was referencing more random fans sending him his own lyrics via Twitter or something out of the blue.
06:23 AM on 04/18/12
Kapa73
User Info.
Honestly haven't listened to much of GA aside from the "hits," but I'm a big fan of the Horrible Crowes. After watching this, I'm feeling a big push to revisit the GA catalog and look into it more.
06:25 AM on 04/18/12
Kapa73
User Info.
I've seen one of him mowing his lawn.
where??? haha
06:32 AM on 04/18/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Honestly haven't listened to much of GA aside from the "hits," but I'm a big fan of the Horrible Crowes. After watching this, I'm feeling a big push to revisit the GA catalog and look into it more.
Definitely give that catalog a listen. It's great stuff.
08:48 AM on 04/18/12
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Was laughing my ass off at the Mayan part. "They didn't even have shoes!"
10:32 AM on 04/18/12
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
He is so awesome.
Options
Related News Stories