AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 57 of 57.
12:55 PM on 04/18/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Confused by his dislike for the Replacements as there probably wouldn't be a Gaslight Anthem without The Replacements.
12:56 PM on 04/18/12
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Only fruntmen I like is when dancing but the best is my favorite band.
01:45 PM on 04/18/12
enter return
User Info.
Can anyone confirm if he is edge or not? I heard he was but after googling "Brian Fallon Fixing Door" it looks like there is a cigarette in his mouth. Just curious.
01:57 PM on 04/18/12
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Confused by his dislike for the Replacements as there probably wouldn't be a Gaslight Anthem without The Replacements.
thank you. i was like how has no one said anything about him disliking replacements or jawbreaker. i read an interview a while ago where he said bands like his wouldnt exist without the replacements. kinda weird...
02:16 PM on 04/18/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
thank you. i was like how has no one said anything about him disliking replacements or jawbreaker. i read an interview a while ago where he said bands like his wouldnt exist without the replacements. kinda weird...
Totally forgot to put the video up there of him saying that - thanks for reminding me!

Something seemed a little off on this whole interview, can't quite put my finger on it.
02:51 PM on 04/18/12
salmarnirecho
several.
User Info.
"World can't end, I got stuff to do."
03:08 PM on 04/18/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

Seems to me he was saying their great song were great -- he just had other bands he personally connected with.
04:37 PM on 04/18/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
after watching that: yep, he's totally from New Jersey
04:54 PM on 04/18/12
Badgers08
U look hot enuff to cook a pizza on
User Info.
Seems to me he was saying their great song were great -- he just had other bands he personally connected with.
Yeah I agree Mr. Tate, he said that's what he listened to when he was younger, but when he listens to it now he doesn't think its that great. He was right in saying (quoting Rolling Stone) "When they were great they were better than anyone, but 90% of the time they were awful" and "They didn't sell that many records cuz people didn't like them that much". Nothing wrong with that at all in my opinion.

Thought it was a great interview. KInda awkward for the interviewer at times, but love that he just speaks whatever's on his mind. He had some gem quotes in the interview: "They (The Mayans) didn't have shoes", "Anti-Flag; those guys are very concerned", "I vote for the guy that's going to kill the least people", "I'll have my motorcycle license by then (12/21/12), I don't care"
05:26 PM on 04/18/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
I love how he addressed the Springsteen issue. That's the best answer he could have possibly given.
02:25 PM on 04/20/12
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Can anyone confirm if he is edge or not? I heard he was but after googling "Brian Fallon Fixing Door" it looks like there is a cigarette in his mouth. Just curious.
I think I read in the New York Times that he smokes (I know he smokes) but does not drink.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/20/ar...pagewanted=all

On twitter yesterday he said he wants to try and quit smoking. Probably nothing to do with "edge" but for what it's worth.

Tuned out of this before he trashed Jawbreaker, but read about it in Brendan Kelly's blog. Real surprised nobody mentioned it for so long, apparently on punknews it was a huge deal.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums