Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 59
07:20 PM on 04/17/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I feel like SOMEONE has to know what's going on with RJ and MTS. You know, other than he's "hiding"
07:51 PM on 04/17/12
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
I feel like SOMEONE has to know what's going on with RJ and MTS. You know, other than he's "hiding"
He's officially off the grid withholding everyones money.
08:03 PM on 04/17/12
First_And_Last
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I pre-ordered their self-titled and something similar happened. It got delayed a few months without RJ announcing anything, then I sent him an email requesting a refund and he responded saying that "the record is coming soon."

I ended up threatening legal action, and he finally gave me the straight story as to what was happening with the record, so I decided to hold out and eventually got it in the mail. Sucks ass that the B-side skips like crazy though.
08:08 PM on 04/17/12
You'reSoCool
You told Brant, Brant told me.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If SRC was selling, what we believed to be, the few TOYPAJ orders that were cancelled by dis-satisfied costumers from MTS and, now, SRC has decided not to take delivery of said PVC, who is going to sell those extras?
08:26 PM on 04/17/12
NJUNDERDOG
I HAVE RECORDS FOR SALE, PM ME
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
RJ is still around as he is deleting comments off MTS' facebook page. he never responded to emails in the first place so you can't base how long he's been MIA off that. he got a tattoo just a few weeks ago and bragged about it on his tumblr and instagram. once peopl caught wind and started giving him shit about it he abruptly deleted his personal twitter, facebook, tumblr and instagram accounts.

he is definitely around, just avoiding this entire situation hoping it will go away like he has done pretty much since September when the first release date was missed. any time he said anything it was a complete and total lie anyway. everyone that used to work for MTS, the lone 2 people, have quit within the last month for whatever reason (and i don't blame them for doing so). Buddy wiped his hands clean a long time ago and no longer has ties with MTS.

Paypal, Universal Records, the local NYC government and the Feds are all digging into the situation and RJ himself. Universal has been aware of the situation for a few months now, but this latest missed release date should reignite their curiosity. Paypal shut down, or at least put a temporary freeze on RJ's paypal account late last week so it can't receive or send money (the later throws a monkey wrench into refunds, but it's not like RJ would do it anyway at this point). dozens of people have filed complaints online with the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/con...act_form.shtml

and they already have several investiagations open. and dozens of people have filed complaints with the federal government here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

in regards to Paypal; anyone out money with this TOYPAJ deal NEEDS to call Paypal, not send them an email or fill out their contact form. if the person you speak to tells you "there is nothing they can do" it's a load of bullshit. call back later to speak to someone else who will actually help you. Paypal's customer service is great, but it's hit or miss. it all depends on who you get on the phone. some people don't care and don't want to deal with anything so they will try to get you off the phone as quickly as possible. others are actually helpful and will assist in opening up a claim even though it's past the 45 day window, some of these helpful people even gave out a courtesy$25 refund on top of any refund a claim will give.
08:38 PM on 04/17/12
contentloser
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still never got an email regarding the 7"vinyls i ordered from SRC. I'm assuming those are being refunded too?
08:55 PM on 04/17/12
Pappageo
User Info.
If SRC was selling, what we believed to be, the few TOYPAJ orders that were cancelled by dis-satisfied costumers from MTS and, now, SRC has decided not to take delivery of said PVC, who is going to sell those extras?

No one, "those extras" don't exist.
09:10 PM on 04/17/12
harveyn590
User Info.
so how did MTS get rights to the Blink records anyway? This is the shit that gives indies bad names
09:17 PM on 04/17/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I hope the 10" is true from Hot Topic but just went ahead and got a TOYPAJ from ebay. Did I pay more than I should of? ...yes but I was gonna pay 60 for this whole package. With the money saved was able to get the variant of Neighborhoods that i wanted. (black and white marble). I normally dislike Hot Topics but they press quality vinyl without delay.
10:27 PM on 04/17/12
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Any word from Mark on the MTS issue? He said he was going to contact this crook.
11:28 PM on 04/17/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
wow.
11:38 PM on 04/17/12
PunkRocker0182
User Info.
he never responded to emails in the first place so you can't base how long he's been MIA off that

I emailed him back in november when he first started offering refunds and he responded to me... He actually gave me the refund too, which I'm really glad I decided to it when I did because it sounds like if I waited I'd have been SOL...
12:45 AM on 04/18/12
hashbrowns
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ordered Dude Ranch, Enema and S/T from SRC at the beginning of February and none of them have shipped. Anybody else never get theirs either?

Oh, and LOL at my preorder for "Blue Skies, Broken Hearts" from MTS. I'm sure I'll see that one on May 1st.
05:51 AM on 04/18/12
XIMBOREDOFYOUX1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its only a week but i really dont like when companies are quick to take your money, and dont get you product in time....third time its happened this year orderring vinyl through AP posts.
06:07 AM on 04/18/12
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
User Info.
If anything needs a break, it's those inanimate objects.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos