Password
The Wonder Years News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 144 of 144.
12:08 AM on 04/19/12
mikeXXXnj
I'm the (not actually)black jesus.
User Info.
this, this, this.
when i first heard of this band, this and WBPF were their only major releases and i loved both of them. when the upsides came out, it took me forever to actually get into it (it took me upwards of a year and a half to finally enjoy it, and to be fair, i love it now)
it just sort of upsets me when there is such a negative reaction from the band to a work that they created and that i love and allowed me to become a fan
it's a fun, silly, catchy pop-punk album and sometimes it's nice to have some silly stuff in your library because god knows that pop-punk these days takes itself way too seriously

also, the Evening Out... hate in this thread is disappointing

and whoever was claiming that Folie is better than TTYG, uh
...what?
totally agree
12:17 AM on 04/19/12
mikeXXXnj
I'm the (not actually)black jesus.
User Info.
The album might be bad, but at least it seemed like they had some fun and weren't overly serious while making it. They now seem like a bunch of stuck-up turds who take pop-punk too seriously.

I really, really hate that I agree with you on this. but yeah man. pop punk is goofy, it's like when the ataris got super serious with so long, astoria. it wasn't a bad album just a little too serious to be an ataris album.
02:48 PM on 04/20/12
Siren
asdf
User Info.
Album's pretty bad in my opinion. I really enjoy Racing Trains though
04:01 PM on 04/20/12
unicornurine
User Info.
This is the album that got me into The Wonder Years, and I'll always enjoy a few tracks from it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I still listen to it from time to time.
04:07 PM on 04/22/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
This.

I love this Get Stoked On It!
You sir have a godlike avatar. And a great taste in music.
01:25 AM on 05/10/12
DondeEstaLeCave
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really enjoyed the Won't Be Pathetic Forever 7 inch, but yeah, I couldn't get into the Upsides and Suburbia. And trust me, I tried.

It's not that I think they're bad records, they just aren't memorable in my opinion. I listened to them both a few times, put them aside for awhile, went back to them, yada yada...just not my cup of tea. I'm sure they're still good live, but I'm not a fan of the bands they usually tour with either and haven't gotten a chance to see them since the NFG tour.
"An army of self-righteous kids/that only like the seven inch" - My Life as a Pigeon

Everything they've done so far has made me fall in love with them. I didn't find them until recently, but damn if they haven't impressed me with their growth. The went from singing songs about Kool-Aid, to Steve Irwin, to some really personal and emotional stuff without sacrificing any integrity or instrumental skill. They are definitely one of the top 3 pop-punk bands of the decade.
03:17 PM on 05/10/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"An army of self-righteous kids/that only like the seven inch" - My Life as a Pigeon

Everything they've done so far has made me fall in love with them. I didn't find them until recently, but damn if they haven't impressed me with their growth. The went from singing songs about Kool-Aid, to Steve Irwin, to some really personal and emotional stuff without sacrificing any integrity or instrumental skill. They are definitely one of the top 3 pop-punk bands of the decade.
To each their own. I can hear the appeal, but there's nothing self righteous about me singing "wouldn't it be coooooooool if we were astraaaaaahhhhhnaughtssssssssssssss ss!" in the shower, man. I just don't dig the Upsides :/
04:00 PM on 05/10/12
DondeEstaLeCave
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To each their own. I can hear the appeal, but there's nothing self righteous about me singing "wouldn't it be coooooooool if we were astraaaaaahhhhhnaughtssssssssssssss ss!" in the shower, man. I just don't dig the Upsides :/
Dude, don't get me wrong, I love, love, love all their early stuff. All of that stuff stands right beside their new stuff in my book. They can really do no wrong. I just don't understand how someone can not like The Upsides. It tells a story, an emotional one at that. Plus the musicianship has only improved.
09:45 PM on 05/10/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dude, don't get me wrong, I love, love, love all their early stuff. All of that stuff stands right beside their new stuff in my book. They can really do no wrong. I just don't understand how someone can not like The Upsides. It tells a story, an emotional one at that. Plus the musicianship has only improved.
I wasn't looking for improved musicianship or an emotional story from them I guess. Maybe I'll "get it" one day, I dunno. It's great to see how far they've come and how huge they are and I highly doubt that anyone involved in that band is losing sleep at the fact that me and a handful of other kids wish they'd throw in some more keyboards and chug breakdowns for ol' times sake.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums