Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 144
11:29 AM on 04/18/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I would revisit FAD. It is definitely my favorite FOB album.
Maybe I am missing something, but even when I was playing it, I never felt like I was listening to their best work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, though. It was a similar thing I had with Third Eye Blind's Ursa Major. I thought it was good, but I didn't think it was self titled or Out of the Vein standards. In between some Forecast albums, I will revisit Folie haha.
11:30 AM on 04/18/12
Soupy
User Info.
I like the Kerouac Original Scroll homage. Kudos to whoever designed this cover (I'm assuming Chris).

Yea. I do feel Chris killed it with the cover art.
11:31 AM on 04/18/12
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I enjoy TWY, but this album is really bad.

This
11:32 AM on 04/18/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
This album really is terrible, especially when stacked against everything they've put out since. Regardless, there are still a few honorable mentions ( keystone state, racing trains, keeping it real) that I still listen to from time to time.
11:34 AM on 04/18/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
In our opinion, this record is a trainwreck. Chris paid to get it remastered forever ago and we kept trying to put off its inevitable rerelease. He and I agreed that since its already available digitally, that no real harm can come of swapping out the old mixes with the better sounding ones as long as it never gets pressed in a physical form again. That's the long and short of it. If you like the record, enjoy the new mixes. If you hate the record, I'm on your side. We won't be playing any of these songs live in support of this. We don't even consider it a rerelease. Just a swap out for a better mix.
Does this rerelease bother you?
11:35 AM on 04/18/12
stubbie25
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I can't exactly link it because I'm at work right now, but I know it was on Burning Angel and the video had something to do with a couple of the girls dressing up...I know Joanna Angel was one of the participants. Hope this helps?
11:37 AM on 04/18/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Remastered? I'll check it out then!
11:39 AM on 04/18/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
I love this album and I wish they would rerelease it physically.
11:39 AM on 04/18/12
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
Well I know you have written about how you love Folie a Deux and think it is better than Take This To Your Grave which I obviously disagree with but I can see where you are coming from. However I don't like how you always present your opinion as what everyone should accept and try to ignore the large "ignorant" group of us who prefer their older material.

You are insane if you think TTTYG is better than Folie a Deux.
11:40 AM on 04/18/12
Soupy
User Info.
This is the equivalent of Fall Out Boy's "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend" ... better to pretend it doesn't exist.

Apt comparison.
11:40 AM on 04/18/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
prospekt is stoked.
11:42 AM on 04/18/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:43 AM on 04/18/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Album isn't terrible. I just don't like the jokey lyrics. Keystone state dudecore and a few others are really solid though.
11:45 AM on 04/18/12
syntax omitted
User Info.
In our opinion, this record is a trainwreck. Chris paid to get it remastered forever ago and we kept trying to put off its inevitable rerelease. He and I agreed that since its already available digitally, that no real harm can come of swapping out the old mixes with the better sounding ones as long as it never gets pressed in a physical form again. That's the long and short of it. If you like the record, enjoy the new mixes. If you hate the record, I'm on your side. We won't be playing any of these songs live in support of this. We don't even consider it a rerelease. Just a swap out for a better mix.
Hey Soupy. You were fantastic last night. Anyway, getting to the point, you wrote these songs. I don't really get why you hate this record if you're the one who wrote it. Plus, you gotta admit that some songs on here are pretty funny and catchy. Keystone State Dude-Core, What If We (Swam) Into Nothing, and When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong are three great songs.
11:46 AM on 04/18/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
"When Keeping it real goes wrong" will always been one of my favorite songs by them.

Other than a few others, this cd is somewhat of a train wreck compared to their material now. Its still a good listen though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos