Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 144
11:48 AM on 04/18/12
esposimi
The Human Fund
User Info.
How does it sound?
I have Spotify Premium so the sound quality is higher than free accounts. I guess it sounds fine.
11:49 AM on 04/18/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
I love this album and I wish they would rerelease it physically.
this. i own the original and i would love to own the re-release! i've had the three remastered songs they put out forever ago, stoked to hear the whole thing! the album is so much fun!
11:53 AM on 04/18/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
This is the equivalent of Fall Out Boy's "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend" ... better to pretend it doesn't exist.

Agreed
11:54 AM on 04/18/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
In our opinion, this record is a trainwreck. Chris paid to get it remastered forever ago and we kept trying to put off its inevitable rerelease. He and I agreed that since its already available digitally, that no real harm can come of swapping out the old mixes with the better sounding ones as long as it never gets pressed in a physical form again. That's the long and short of it. If you like the record, enjoy the new mixes. If you hate the record, I'm on your side. We won't be playing any of these songs live in support of this. We don't even consider it a rerelease. Just a swap out for a better mix.

Haha. And completely logical. Thumbs up
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
I don't understand why people don't like this album. It amazing. Yeah some songs a silly but some are really good. Sucks that I probably wont hear some of my favorite songs live.
This.

I love this Get Stoked On It!
Dinoshores
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This definitely isn't my favorite TWY album, but it's not horrible either. I love how aggressive this is. Bout To Get Fruit Punched, Moshercise, and When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong are all solid tracks. Besides, they played Keystone State Dude-core on GK and the crowd went fucking nuts over it.
12:03 PM on 04/18/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
I feel a lot of people hate this album so much because they heard Soupy and Nick dislike it, so they want to agree. It's obviously their worst album, but it's not horrible, IMO.

Also, Soupy and Nick sounds like the name of a Nickelodeon kid's show.
12:04 PM on 04/18/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sums up why I don't really like The Wonder Years. Get Stoked on It was awesome for what it was...silly, corny, sing alongs, breakdowns, etc etc.

I cringe every time I hear Soupy singing about some fucking fountain or how suburbia is so lame. Wahhhhh. Captain Crunch, mosh related exercise, pirates, and fucking space.

P.S Won't Be Pathetic Forever>The Upsides and Suburbia combined. And yes, I've listened to all of them extensively.
12:09 PM on 04/18/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first post didn't really get my point across...bands should NEVER disown a record. I don't care if you don't play the songs live anymore/ever discuss anything pertaining to it, but don't discredit yourselves when it's possible that you're shitting on something that brought you so many fans. I don't understand the whole "train wreck" thing. How can you possibly stick your nose up at a record YOU wrote?! Oh well. I know I'm certainly in the minority here, but the band I used to go see every couple weeks in and out of Philly no longer exists. I'm glad to see them doing well, but the last two records do nothing for me. Pop punk bands take themselves too seriously these days.

Head above water this year boys ;)
12:15 PM on 04/18/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
My first post didn't really get my point across...bands should NEVER disown a record. I don't care if you don't play the songs live anymore/ever discuss anything pertaining to it, but don't discredit yourselves when it's possible that you're shitting on something that brought you so many fans. I don't understand the whole "train wreck" thing. How can you possibly stick your nose up at a record YOU wrote?! Oh well. I know I'm certainly in the minority here, but the band I used to go see every couple weeks in and out of Philly no longer exists. I'm glad to see them doing well, but the last two records do nothing for me. Pop punk bands take themselves too seriously these days.

Head above water this year boys ;)
Really? You're saying that you stopped liking the band after GSOI?
12:17 PM on 04/18/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'll be yet another person to back this album. i mean, this was the only material they had released when i first heard of them (distances hadn't come out yet) aside from the bangarang split (and it's not like that was any different from GSOI) and i STILL fell in love with them. so they must have done something right with the album.

i think they had some fun with it, and maybe they're too serious or grown-up to acknowledge it anymore. they satirized a genre and wrote some shitty lyrics to go with it. but to me, the shitty lyrics are fun and somewhat timeless, since i don't have to happy or sad or any sort of specific mood to listen to them. i know the upsides is about, well, the upsides, but sometimes some of those songs start to bum me out.

as long as they keep playing keystone state dude-core and one day start playing keeping it real again, i'm ok with letting them let this album die. but i agree with whoever said it first, i don't think they should disown it, because they may have potentially found a lot of their fanbase through it, and that's something to not be regretted.
12:19 PM on 04/18/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really? You're saying that you stopped liking the band after GSOI?
I really enjoyed the Won't Be Pathetic Forever 7 inch, but yeah, I couldn't get into the Upsides and Suburbia. And trust me, I tried.

It's not that I think they're bad records, they just aren't memorable in my opinion. I listened to them both a few times, put them aside for awhile, went back to them, yada yada...just not my cup of tea. I'm sure they're still good live, but I'm not a fan of the bands they usually tour with either and haven't gotten a chance to see them since the NFG tour.
12:21 PM on 04/18/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I actually enjoy this record, so it disappoints me to see the band say they'll never play these songs at shows, etc.
12:26 PM on 04/18/12
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
i'll be yet another person to back this album. i mean, this was the only material they had released when i first heard of them (distances hadn't come out yet) aside from the bangarang split (and it's not like that was any different from GSOI) and i STILL fell in love with them. so they must have done something right with the album.

i think they had some fun with it, and maybe they're too serious or grown-up to acknowledge it anymore. they satirized a genre and wrote some shitty lyrics to go with it. but to me, the shitty lyrics are fun and somewhat timeless, since i don't have to happy or sad or any sort of specific mood to listen to them. i know the upsides is about, well, the upsides, but sometimes some of those songs start to bum me out.

as long as they keep playing keystone state dude-core and one day start playing keeping it real again, i'm ok with letting them let this album die. but i agree with whoever said it first, i don't think they should disown it, because they may have potentially found a lot of their fanbase through it, and that's something to not be regretted.
you nailed it.
12:30 PM on 04/18/12
asthenia*
Never to see any other way...
User Info.
Concur. Although, I haven't gotten through an entire "Evening Out" session in years. It's ... bad.
i remember the only songs i liked we're parker lewis and honorable mention. that early version of calm before the storm was enough to turn me off the song completely..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos