Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
03:49 AM on 04/19/12
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
The Gaslight Anthem could have fought scalping if they wanted to. This isn't the first time this situation has arisen for them, either, so the ignorance card doesn't fly.

It's more lucrative to do nothing.
06:27 AM on 04/19/12
ACA
User Info.
How is it more lucrative to do nothing? That extra money being generated is going to the scalpers, not Gaslight.

Band "authorizes" an amount of tickets to be automatically given to the promoter's team. Promoter's team scalps the tickets. Revenue is shared by scalpers, promoters, and band.
06:37 AM on 04/19/12
ACA
User Info.
their new album is going to send them over

I hope it's awesome; whenever a band has such a solid discography, you can't help but hope to see them add a new collection of ~5-10 (equally awesome) songs to their live repertoire.

There's a few bands I'm really hoping release killer records:

The Gaslight Anthem
Motion City Soundtrack
River City Extension
Paramore
Minus the Bear

Based on their prior discographies, they each have a potential for an AOTY. I really, really hope none of them let me down, especially in the huge way that fun. did.
07:55 AM on 04/19/12
ACA
User Info.
There have been several articles published which note that promoters and bands often put aside tickets to directly re-sell on the secondary market. Bowery Presents, here in NYC, is especially dirty about this (see what happened with LCD Soundsystem @ MSG last year).

For a small show like Gaslight @ MHOW, demand far exceeds supply but in many cases, the bands/promoters are directly in on it.

Absolutely. A response from an informed person, nice to see.

The best way to eliminate scalping is to go will-call only and require admittance after picking up tickets. Any time a ticket can be printed via PDF or mailed to an address, a ticket can be scalped. It's irresponsible for a band to not do will-call only for events that have huge demand and few tickets.
08:01 AM on 04/19/12
ACA
User Info.
If anyone on AP.net has an extra ticket to this show and wants to take the non-douchebag approach of selling it for a reasonable amount, please drop me a message. I'd gladly buy you a drink, as well, as thanks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos