aloneatlastnj
just a quiet evening
User Info.
From the notebook that is open, people have been able to read these lyrics:

"repeating, drop the needle again
oh but that ain't the way."

"let it out, let me in. take a hold of my hand."

"all these words: handwritten."

I'm pretty sure Brian won't be playing guitar on the next tour, instead focusing on singing, as he said Ian Perkins is now TGA's touring guitarist. Don't know if I am a fan of that but yeah.

Or Ian could just be a 3rd guitar player. Jason white does it in green day, pat smear does it in foo fighters...both "front men" still play guitar
01:55 PM on 04/20/12
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
I read the post you wrote about musical moments that changed your life. I completely understood what you meant with Blink and Brand New, but never really checked out The Gaslight Anthem. I decided to give The '59 Sound a spin. Thank you. Thank you man.
02:03 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I read the post you wrote about musical moments that changed your life. I completely understood what you meant with Blink and Brand New, but never really checked out The Gaslight Anthem. I decided to give The '59 Sound a spin. Thank you. Thank you man.

Glad you checked it out!
02:06 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Or Ian could just be a 3rd guitar player. Jason white does it in green day, pat smear does it in foo fighters...both "front men" still play guitar
Hm. Interesting. Not a big Green Day or Foo Fighters fan; Does it add another element or are all the guitarists just playing less?
02:13 PM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Hm. Interesting. Not a big Green Day or Foo Fighters fan; Does it add another element or are all the guitarists just playing less?
It just means the frontman usually just plays less. Sometimes he plays rhythm and sometimes he just doesn't play. Watch one of the recent Green Day DVDs and you'll see.
02:16 PM on 04/20/12
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Gaslight's not a silly band like FYS, so they'll pull it off well.
Im sure they will
02:19 PM on 04/20/12
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FYS and Gaslight Anthem don't deserve to be anywhere in the same sentence.
I know TGA is a million times better, I just hate when bands say they are going for that arena sound. im sure i wont be disappointed.
02:56 PM on 04/20/12
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I'm sure I'll end up loving this, as everything that Fallon has written I've loved, but I'm still not too sure how I feel about him dropping characters from his storytelling. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I liked the stories about Angry Johnny, The Cool, Mary, Maria, etc. Eh, fuck it. I'm sure this album is going to rock my world anyway.
06:37 PM on 04/20/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I'm sure I'll end up loving this, as everything that Fallon has written I've loved, but I'm still not too sure how I feel about him dropping characters from his storytelling. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I liked the stories about Angry Johnny, The Cool, Mary, Maria, etc. Eh, fuck it. I'm sure this album is going to rock my world anyway.
I enjoyed those aspects as well. Just have to wait and see.
07:06 PM on 04/20/12
bojl
asdf
User Info.
so exited
09:10 PM on 04/20/12
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
I can really see them pulling off this style change with grace. I don't see them putting out a record that's anything other than incredible.
01:19 AM on 04/21/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
I'm so fucking stoked.
05:04 PM on 04/21/12
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
User Info.
From the notebook that is open, people have been able to read these lyrics:

"repeating, drop the needle again
oh but that ain't the way."

"let it out, let me in. take a hold of my hand."

"all these words: handwritten."

I'm pretty sure Brian won't be playing guitar on the next tour, instead focusing on singing, as he said Ian Perkins is now TGA's touring guitarist. Don't know if I am a fan of that but yeah.
Is there any truth to this? If so, wow..
05:41 PM on 04/21/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is there any truth to this? If so, wow..
Brian not playing guitar live anymore is speculation. Ian Perkins is 100% playing with TGA on stage now, as confirmed by a twitter post. I'm too lazy to find it but look at TGA's twitter and someone asked the question and the answer was something like, "Official title is touring guitarist."

As stated by a few people earlier in this thread, they think that the band will just be a 5-piece with 3 guitarists. I can't imagine Brian just singing and jumping around, so I think this is most likely.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums