Username
Password
The Living End News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Living End
Inside AP.net

The Living End: Would Have Made My EOTY List

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/23/12)
In a pretty epic fail - I didn't know that The Living End released a new album last year. Maybe I'm not the only one that has missed out on this great release here in the states. Check it out on iTunes.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
09:40 AM on 04/23/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Never heard of them. What's their sound?
09:41 AM on 04/23/12
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Great band, great album... I wondered why there was a lack of mention on here!!
09:41 AM on 04/23/12
dezi
User Info.
I forgot they existed after their tour with Blink/No Doubt many moons ago.
09:43 AM on 04/23/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
I think this one didn't make it to the states - which would explain why it flew under the radar. Checking this out now...
09:47 AM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Never heard of them. What's their sound?
Modern-day Clash?

Rockabilly with pop-influences ... kinda Green Day-ish (I've always thought, better) or maybe Billy Talent. One of the best guitarists out there. Back in the day they were kinda know as the Blink-182 of Australia because they released this song, and album, and blew up big time down-under.

One of the best live shows I've ever seen ... and the new album is "The Ending Is Just The Beginning Repeating" ... first tune:

Band's great. Whole discog is pretty damn solid IMO.
09:48 AM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think this one didn't make it to the states - which would explain why it flew under the radar. Checking this out now...
It didn't. I can't even get the thing on Amazon .. the import was like 40 bucks. I wanted the vinyl ... it's 50 something.
09:49 AM on 04/23/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
the only song I have by them is "who's gonna save us?" but i used to hear that song all the time on the radio, and i walked by them randomly at warped, not knowing who the artist was, i was like "I know this song!!" they are pretty cool dudes
09:55 AM on 04/23/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
It didn't. I can't even get the thing on Amazon .. the import was like 40 bucks. I wanted the vinyl ... it's 50 something.
How about Amazon Marketplace for the CD? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new Little better, but still $22.

The melodies on In The Morning are oddly reminding me of the Beach Boys (in a good way) - I really like what I am hearing so far - thanks for digging this up!
09:58 AM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
How about Amazon Marketplace for the CD? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new Little better, but still $22.

The melodies on In The Morning are oddly reminding me of the Beach Boys (in a good way) - I really like what I am hearing so far - thanks for digging this up!
Interesting, I'll check it out. Gotta see if I can get the vinyl somehow ... haha, without paying an arm and a leg.

Yeah, that starting harmony is definitely Beach Boy-ish.
10:01 AM on 04/23/12
june182
User Info.
Had no idea about this. Saw them open for Blink in 04 and they absolutely blew me away, definitely checking this out.
10:09 AM on 04/23/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Interesting, I'll check it out. Gotta see if I can get the vinyl somehow ... haha, without paying an arm and a leg.

Yeah, that starting harmony is definitely Beach Boy-ish.
Checked Living End's website - $27 for the vinyl, but once you try to ship it here, it is $20 airmail or $13 by sea (plus an extra 9-week wait of course). Saw the vinyl on some other sites for $70! May just have to keep an eye on EBay or some miraculous Amazon sale...good luck.
10:10 AM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Checked Living End's website - $27 for the vinyl, but once you try to ship it here, it is $20 airmail or $13 by sea (plus an extra 9-week wait of course). Saw the vinyl on some other sites for $70! May just have to keep an eye on EBay or some miraculous Amazon sale...good luck.
Haha, thanks.
10:32 AM on 04/23/12
arcarsenal72
User Info.
The lack of attention this band gets in the states is criminal. Missed seeing them live in DC a couple years ago and it's easily one of my biggest missed show regrets to this day.
11:50 AM on 04/23/12
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
I'll probably check this out. I hated White Noise though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests