Username
Password
Wilco News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Wilco
Inside AP.net

10th Anniversary for Wilco

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/23/12)
Happy 10th anniversary to Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot!

Submitted by Holly HoX!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
09:39 AM on 04/23/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
i sincerely miss those heavy metal bands
09:41 AM on 04/23/12
Lallysup
Lally - Transit Merch Guy
User Info.
I feel old
09:51 AM on 04/23/12
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
This would be an album show I'd love to see.
09:53 AM on 04/23/12
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
One of my favorite albums ever.
10:04 AM on 04/23/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
I've got reservations about so many things, but not about this album
10:24 AM on 04/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Huh?
10:37 AM on 04/23/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Love this album so much. If you haven't seen "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" and you at all like this band do yourself a big favor and check it out now. It's on Netflix.
10:53 AM on 04/23/12
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
love it
11:19 AM on 04/23/12
SOLASTSUMMER558
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
best. album. ever.
11:25 AM on 04/23/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
This would be an album show I'd love to see.
1. not that kind of band, but go see them live. they play a nice chunk of the album.
2. even if they would do it, it'd be so morally wrong without Jay Bennet.
11:29 AM on 04/23/12
ACA
User Info.
1. not that kind of band, but go see them live. they play a nice chunk of the album.
2. even if they would do it, it'd be so morally wrong without Jay Bennet.

Yeah, their live shows are a real fan's treat.. mixed setlists, new songs, old songs.

What's the story with Jay Bennet? I'm a casual Wilco fan (just too much material that only marginally interests me to consume), so I' don't know why that's an issue?
11:36 AM on 04/23/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Yeah, their live shows are a real fan's treat.. mixed setlists, new songs, old songs.

What's the story with Jay Bennet? I'm a casual Wilco fan (just too much material that only marginally interests me to consume), so I' don't know why that's an issue?
He was a huge part of the creative process for this album and Summerteeth, but was kicked out of the band by Tweedy just after they finished with YHF. He also passed away a few years ago.
11:46 AM on 04/23/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.

he collaborated with Jeff Tweedy on Being There, Summerteeth, and Yankee Hotel. he's the multi-instrumentalist responsible for most of that pretty background noise in those albums and a lot of the overall arrangements in general. there was a big falling out between him and the band over creative control and drugs and such. apparently when Jim O'Rourke and Tweedy mixed YHF they omitted a lot of Bennet's contributions, and immediately after wrapping up the album Tweedy kicked him out of the band. a few years and lawsuits went by until Bennet was found dead in his apartment from ODing on fentanyl.
11:49 AM on 04/23/12
ACA
User Info.
He was a huge part of the creative process for this album and Summerteeth, but was kicked out of the band by Tweedy just after they finished with YHF. He also passed away a few years ago.

he collaborated with Jeff Tweedy on Being There, Summerteeth, and Yankee Hotel. he's the multi-instrumentalist responsible for most of that pretty background noise in those albums and a lot of the overall arrangements in general. there was a big falling out between him and the band over creative control and drugs and such. apparently when Jim O'Rourke and Tweedy mixed YHF they omitted a lot of Bennet's contributions, and immediately after wrapping up the album Tweedy kicked him out of the band. a few years and lawsuits went by until Bennet was found dead in his apartment from ODing on fentanyl.

Wow, thanks for the story. I've always loved Yankee, but nothing else really clicked with me in the same way. I always thought the band seriously jumped sound.. this explains it. Thanks.

I need to check out Summerteeth right now.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums