Password
Offspring News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 39.
10:11 AM on 04/23/12
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What mentality is that? To play most of their new album and sprinkle it with hits, covers and a few deep cuts?
What "deep cuts" do the Foo Fighters ever play? It's always greatest hits + new album.
10:21 AM on 04/23/12
MObassman
Slappin' da bass in Savior Self
User Info.
I saw them right after their last album came out and they played a good 5 songs from it, so I wouldn't worry, seems like a valid amount of new tracks. I'm super stoked for this record!
10:23 AM on 04/23/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
What "deep cuts" do the Foo Fighters ever play? It's always greatest hits + new album.
From the last tour that I saw they played Cold Day In The Sun, Generator, Let It Die, and Stacked Actors. I saw they often switched the songs out over the tour too. So they definitely play the hits, but they do alot more.
10:25 AM on 04/23/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This can only be good.
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
SO stoked! i <3 that the last song is a reference to Dr. Strangelove, classic black comedy film!
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I'm okay with this.
10:26 AM on 04/23/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
I get a Foo Fighters feel from the clip.
Definitely. Big Foo Fighters feel from it.
10:27 AM on 04/23/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Seems to me more "rock" and less "punk" than their usual punk rock sound. Don't know how to feel about their new record yet, probably it's one of those albums that need a certain number of listens to be truly enjoyed.
10:32 AM on 04/23/12
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
Typically, a single is one to three songs. I believe that this is an album.
10:39 AM on 04/23/12
Phil507
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From the last tour that I saw they played Cold Day In The Sun, Generator, Let It Die, and Stacked Actors. I saw they often switched the songs out over the tour too. So they definitely play the hits, but they do alot more.
Stacked Actors, Let It Die were both singles. That Stacked Actors "jam" has been done at every show since 99 (and is borderline insufferable at this point since it drags on for nearly 15 minutes).

Songs I wish they would play: Overdrive, End Over End, Wattershed, Weenie Beenie, My Poor Brain, etc. Just one or two deep cuts would be sufficient and there is plenty of time for them if they would just cut back on that stupid bullshit jamming.
10:39 AM on 04/23/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I get a Foo Fighters feel from the clip.
a more... edgy? Foo Fighters. I hear it alot too. and I'm diggin it.
10:46 AM on 04/23/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Stacked Actors, Let It Die were both singles. That Stacked Actors "jam" has been done at every show since 99 (and is borderline insufferable at this point since it drags on for nearly 15 minutes).

Songs I wish they would play: Overdrive, End Over End, Wattershed, Weenie Beenie, My Poor Brain, etc. Just one or two deep cuts would be sufficient and there is plenty of time for them if they would just cut back on that stupid bullshit jamming.
Overseas the Foo have been playing Hey, Johnny Park!, Enough Space, and For All The Cows as recently as the beginning of April. I would gladly take those in the US Tour, but to no avail at the shows I went to...
10:59 AM on 04/23/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dirty magic! Cant wait to hear it rerecorded. I actually hope.it becomes a single and gets airplay. Nostalgia
11:07 AM on 04/23/12
Phil507
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What ended up happening to that new song they were playing on tour a few years ago, think it was called "You Will Find A Way"?
11:24 AM on 04/23/12
t3hmilkman923
Subliminal mind fuck, America
User Info.
so...fucking...stoked.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music