Username
Password
Gossip News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 205.
11:08 AM on 04/23/12
jon.
User Info.
Lol wut. In what way was it awkward?
Because it's supposed to be a 5 piece band...
11:09 AM on 04/23/12
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
Breaking news: Ben was at a wedding.
11:11 AM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Sorry, those were two separate thoughts. To me, posting random thoughts from "fans" seems like a cheap way to instigate rumors.

There is no issue with the band, there's nothing to report, they played a show without one of their members and one of them made a joke about it.
Nah, bands playing without a member and calling said member a coward for not being there seems like a "cheap way to instigate rumors."

That's exactly what we posted.
11:12 AM on 04/23/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Marywood has just made AP.net!!
11:12 AM on 04/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Haha wow.
11:14 AM on 04/23/12
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
Was that comment said into the mic, or did someone just overhear that being said?
11:20 AM on 04/23/12
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
Nah, bands playing without a member and calling said member a coward for not being there seems like a "cheap way to instigate rumors."

That's exactly what we posted.
This whole new trend of sites posting "news" from tweets, word of mouth, aim conversations, tumblr questions, 'fans' writing in, etc only annoys the people the 'news' is about because 99% of the time there is absolutely no weight behind what's being posted. Adam jokingly called his bandmate a coward because he was at a wedding instead of playing the show. I imagine most people understood it was a joke, but when its taken out of the context of the show and emailed by someone desperate to get their news posted on Absolutepunk it becomes something completely different and unnecessary.
11:23 AM on 04/23/12
hiya
User Info.
I feel like you have to know how a band operates before you jump to assumptions. Pretty sure TJ has played without members before, and just from around you can tell Adam has a unique sense of humor. The way this was posted makes it seem malicious.
11:26 AM on 04/23/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
This whole new trend of sites posting "news" from tweets, word of mouth, aim conversations, tumblr questions, 'fans' writing in, etc only annoys the people the 'news' is about because 99% of the time there is absolutely no weight behind what's being posted. Adam jokingly called his bandmate a coward because he was at a wedding instead of playing the show. I imagine most people understood it was a joke, but when its taken out of the context of the show and emailed by someone desperate to get their news posted on Absolutepunk it becomes something completely different and unnecessary.
You also have to understand that Jason did not have the context and inflection of voice to go off of, you can't tell something is a joke without those things. If someone emails him and says that a member of a band was not at a show and another member called him a coward for not being there he has no way of knowing that it was a joke because the person telling him what happened didn't say it was.

As for the annoyance with the trend of how news gets found, I agree with you there but there isn't a whole lot we can do about it. It's all part of trying to be the "first" to break stories and it's not going to go away until the internet disappears.
11:27 AM on 04/23/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
no one made any assumptions you dumb fucks, it says "Fans Report In" and that they have reached out for comment. Jason never said omg TIgerz Jaw is breakIng uP!?!?!??@?!
Jason Tate
User Info.
This whole new trend of sites posting "news" from tweets, word of mouth, aim conversations, tumblr questions, 'fans' writing in, etc only annoys the people the 'news' is about because 99% of the time there is absolutely no weight behind what's being posted.
How do you think most news is posted in the world? Word of mouth is a pretty damn common thread throughout history when it comes to what news constitutes. Actual words from the band's mouth is news ... a band member not being at the show ... is news.

Adam jokingly called his bandmate a coward because he was at a wedding instead of playing the show. I imagine most people understood it was a joke, but when its taken out of the context of the show and emailed by someone desperate to get their news posted on Absolutepunk it becomes something completely different and unnecessary.
Or maybe other people in the venue didn't take it as "a joke" and were also worried, and thanks to us we cleared it all up and now everyone knows. You're welcome for that, by the way. In less than 5 minutes the entire story was out there ... that's because process journalism works.
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
You also have to understand that Jason did not have the context and inflection of voice to go off of, you can't tell something is a joke without those things. If someone emails him and says that a member of a band was not at a show and another member called him a coward for not being there he has no way of knowing that it was a joke because the person telling him what happened didn't say it was.

Everything you just said is why a music news site shouldn't post this as news.
11:28 AM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I feel like you have to know how a band operates before you jump to assumptions. Pretty sure TJ has played without members before, and just from around you can tell Adam has a unique sense of humor. The way this was posted makes it seem malicious.
Malicious? Seriously?
11:30 AM on 04/23/12
_veges_
User Info.
11:30 AM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Everything you just said is why a music news site shouldn't post this as news.
I'll remember that next time one of your bands sends in a press release and I can't tell the inflection from the interns writing.

You're getting mighty bent out of shape over something that was clarified within 5 minutes and answered questions for a lot of fans. The clarification was obviously needed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests