Stream New Eve 6 Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/23/12)
Stream the new Eve 6 album here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
12:41 PM on 04/23/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Not really feeling some of the choices regarding chord progression in some songs, but I like it overall.
12:42 PM on 04/23/12
honestykills
User Info.
I keep getting a "page loading error."
12:45 PM on 04/23/12
Punkdc
Some guy who enjoys stuff
User Info.
For dusting the cobwebs off this album is awesome. I'm just really glad they are back making some good tunes.
12:46 PM on 04/23/12
kennedyAM
Every Never Is Now
User Info.
glad to see sugi tap song made the cut as the album closer. always loved that song and it fits nicely.
12:51 PM on 04/23/12
kennedyAM
Every Never Is Now
User Info.
It's also on spotify for those who can't get it to work on Billboard.

http://open.spotify.com/album/7mIjES1z9dBwHrdK4eylfc
12:56 PM on 04/23/12
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
for the most part, i like it.. hard to believe their last album was 9 years ago
01:01 PM on 04/23/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Getting a page loading error. Guess I will have to wait until I get home from work to log into Spotify.
01:22 PM on 04/23/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Awesome--been waiting to check this one out.
01:53 PM on 04/23/12
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
It's OK. Thought it'd be better. Theres a couple really good ones, and is definitely nostalgic as well.
02:14 PM on 04/23/12
Jhawker182
User Info.
I like it, but I still think It's All In My Head is my favorite by them. Not sure why but I loved that album. I'm still going to enjoy this album all summer though.
02:17 PM on 04/23/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
It's ok, nothing special..

I fell victim to the Jason Tate hype train once again

AAAAALLLLLLL AAAABBBBBOOOAAAAARRRRDDDDDDD.....
03:15 PM on 04/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
It's ok, nothing special..

I fell victim to the Jason Tate hype train once again

AAAAALLLLLLL AAAABBBBBOOOAAAAARRRRDDDDDDD.....
Thought that was pretty much my assessment of the album? Solid pop album with a throwback to the 90's version of the sound.
04:00 PM on 04/23/12
Fox83
User Info.
I like it, but I still think It's All In My Head is my favorite by them. Not sure why but I loved that album. I'm still going to enjoy this album all summer though.

Thank you. It's All In Your Head is my absolute favorite by them. Arch Drive Goodbye needs to be the closer of every show they play!

At this point, I rank it as:
It's All In Your Head
Horrorscope
Speak in Code
S/T

It took me some time to get over the artificial tones scattered throughout Horrorscope, but it ended up growing on me primarily because there are so many massive hooks on that album. Bang, Jet Pack, Promise, On The Roof Again, Enemy...so many great tunes. Speak In Code is a bit of a throwback to that style of sound/production but even more processed, in my opinion. The catchiness, the hooks, etc: They're all there, but just not as strong as Horrorscope was. However, it took me some time to digest Horrorscope- and this is still a solid Eve album. I'm sure it will grow on me. I just don't see it surpassing Horrorscope or It's All In Your Head.

Many people gripe that It's All In Your Head was too rock and prefer the "pop" sound of Eve 6. So be it, but the album has such as punch - and it's very pop when you listen to the melodic sounds of the album. It's so quality from beginning to end.

Speak in Code is a good album, but I almost feel like some of the production choices hold the songwriting back a bit. Also, the lyrics are a bit lacking. It's missing some of the play-on-words that make the previous albums so clever. What you're left with is typical tongue-in-cheek lyrics that come across a little to cheesy it grinds at you a bit.

That's my take so far in a rambling sort of approach. I will still enjoy this album over the next few months and hope it only grows on me from here on out.
04:43 PM on 04/23/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
Thought that was pretty much my assessment of the album? Solid pop album with a throwback to the 90's version of the sound.
i suppose text is entirely subjective, i've just seen you mention it quite a bit on the site is all...

it's still good, just not great
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums