|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
I've been on the Rock n Roll side of music for years and the electronic music that I've been doing for a while now has always been on the backburner, which was the initially name of the band. It was changed to Blackburner to make it a little darker and less boring.
2. How did this band get started?
I had tons of material that I had written while on tour or on hiatus from being in bands. It was time to get these tunes heard.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The more different kinds of music the better. I'm a huge fan of '80s, but I love it all. I could list hundreds of bands that have influenced me in some way. Itís hard to be specific but here are some bands I grew up listening to: Motley Crue, LA Guns, Kraftwerk, NIN, The Prodigy, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Marilyn Manson and Prince.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Since Skrillex has seemed to do a great job of bringing electronic music to the masses Iíll say him. I just love to tour so anybody thatís ready letís go!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything not at a truckstop.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Go pick up the new Album "Feel the Burn". A good variety of electronic/dubstep tunes as well as some rock n' roll influence.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places
Not a sports fan so I 'm having a hard time naming any. Iím happy where Iím at.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Definitely not God!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Its changing so fast itís hard to keep up.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We had a brick thrown through our bus window once...that was memorable.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Absolutely Phenomenal place to discover new music
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"The Devil Is Real". It's a very different version of the song done by my other band ModelSaint.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I would say Vegas but Iím there so much itís like a second home. I'll say Cabo.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I had a cousin that would play Kiss and Iron Maiden all the time, so whenever I hear that.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Immortality. I donít want to ever stop writing.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I grew up in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road with no neighbors in the middle of Michigan.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I still listen to the radio occasionally to see whatís out there but I donít have any friends that listen...unless its satellite. People are getting impatient and need their options. A song on the radio isnít a bad thing but itís not a kill either.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I prefer to call it recovery.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I love to Tattoo myself.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author