Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 33 of 33.
09:00 AM on 04/25/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
The lesson is....everyone has their time, and then it ends (not to say AAR and Neon Trees are really hurting) but thats why you gotta give it up to bands like brand new...that band couldnt be doing MORE to hurt themselves and they still sell out shows in under 30 seconds (you can never click that fucking buy ticket now button fast enough) ...i guess they're like that girl who ignores you, only making you want her about 1000x more

Well Brand New has a huge cult following that's based more on their albums than any particular single. AAR and Neon Trees are much more singles-driven than fanbase-fueled sales.

True, but AAR have always had at least one huge single from each album that tend to find second lives via stuff like grocery store/mall play, commercials, etc... so I think this flop is really gonna hurt them in the long run. I blame Neon Trees' shortcoming on the lack of promotion though, AP.net is literally the only place I've seen Picture Show even mentioned.

Well they've only had one single up to this week that no radio station played. They could still have success with "Kids In The Street."

Fun. has sold really well in this time and economy.

I don't think the economy has anything to do with it. CDs and albums was way cheaper than they've ever been. It's the buying habits that have changed.
11:55 AM on 04/25/12
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
that's weakkk especially since they're a bit more talented than fun is, not that I don't like both but they should have definitely done better meh I guess if your song isn't playing in a commercial constantly you can't sell an album? terrible
07:55 PM on 04/25/12
sidewacker
User Info.
This neon trees album is sick good.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News