|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Brave New Storm - 04.25.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Brave New Storm
1. How did you get your band name?
The name was an attempt to convey the originality of the music we create, whilst remaining catchy without being to pompous.
2. How did this band get started?
The band was formed out of random meetings, a few jams and a drive by the writers Siobhan Bligh and Patrick English to create fresh, original music.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Arcade Fire, Death Cab For Cutie and Silver Mt. Zion
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Pink Floyd, because they revolutionized music with their ideas of concept albums and their fresh sounds. The Maccabees because their new album is incredible, and perhaps Tegan and Sara because they seem like fun.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything healthy to keep your energies up, then perhaps some junk food to spoil yourself at the end.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We have a truly definitive sound, we give our music away for free. Our music asks people to reflect on their own experiences, and we are lovely people!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Bolt, for obvious reasons.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Friends, family, everyone who has helped promote the band and put up with us. Mike for recording us. Soundmen/women, they never get enough credit!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
People relying on money and radio to find good music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
None yet. We need to be offered a tour slot first!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Great publicity for bands, artists and music lovers alike.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Life 2. It's epic!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Any gig spot, anywhere.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Anything by Yan Tierson.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to play fantastic music without any practice. Or to fly......
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Vocal warm-ups and chatting to the other bands!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our female singer is a HUGE lesbian. Lovely.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Yes, local and small radio stations give lots of opportunities for unsigned bands.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Create music, travel, explore the earth!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Our band consists of a cellist and a violin player, I dont think we need any hidden talents.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author