Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 216
02:17 AM on 10/17/07
monkeyboy14
Good Day Sunshine
User Info.
Nice review Tom. I quite enjoyed this record first listen though, especially the Water EP
03:48 AM on 10/17/07
Tom Good
Album Reviewer
User Info.
Nice review Tom. I quite enjoyed this record first listen though, especially the Water EP
Thanks buddy. Yeah I agree that the water disc is better.
03:52 AM on 10/17/07
Tom Good
Album Reviewer
User Info.
I hate to say this... I almost never question the decision someone makes about music, because I realize that there's hardly anything at all that is truly objective, but I feel like if this album really doesn't do anything at all for you, you're simply not giving it enough of a chance. Maybe you're a fan of the old stuff, fine, but you have to at least appreciate the musicianship, the creativity, the lyrics, the melodies... gah, overload. Seriously, though: if you're really not getting this, let it sink in a little bit, then make up your mind.

As a side note, good review. What does everyone think about the idea that it's basically impossible to really review this until we hear air and earth? Amazing as it is, it's still not complete.
Trust me...it IS a hard album to review. It's funny because the comments turned out about how I figured they would. Half of the people love the cd and half of the people hate it. It really is a polarizing album depending on your views of Thrice and well, other different kinds of music.
10:52 AM on 10/17/07
dildonicsboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I freaking love Water, I haven't gotten into Fire as much so far, but I think I'm starting to come around on it.

If anyone has a good playlist that mixes these albums into a regular album well, then post it. I think it would be kind of cool to make a more Vheissu-like album out of this just for the hell of it. Maybe when the next part comes out it will be easier.

Also, to anyone saying the production isn't good, what is wrong with it? I like it, I just want to know what is wrong with it so I can see where you are coming from.
11:43 AM on 10/17/07
stupidcrack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lyrics are definitely not a 9 in my opinion. They are not inspiring and a little to negative. Vheissu's lyrics were WAY better. Vheissu is still the greatest album written in the history of music, although I think the Water EP is possibly better if you discount the lyrics. I love Water. Fire is good too though.
12:14 PM on 10/17/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Lyrics are definitely not a 9 in my opinion. They are not inspiring and a little to negative. Vheissu's lyrics were WAY better. Vheissu is still the greatest album written in the history of music, although I think the Water EP is possibly better if you discount the lyrics. I love Water. Fire is good too though.
01:50 PM on 10/17/07
cassusriff
Bookmarks
User Info.
I don't see how anyone can not like at least half of this cd... it gives Thrice fans both hard and soft music. The water EP is amazing, but the Fire EP is not far behind. It took a long time for me to get in their last cd, but this one took about 3 listens (probably because I was more prepared for this kind of sound). Give this cd at least 3 spins before you make your final judgement on it. I love it.

Great review btw. :)
02:06 PM on 10/17/07
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
haha that made me laugh pretty damn hard.
02:45 PM on 10/17/07
akapral
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have been listening to Water all day at work, I love it. Listened to Fire probably 2 times so far, love it as well. But of course I could never not like something Thrice put out :)

Some of these comments crack me up.
03:12 PM on 10/17/07
Tom Good
Album Reviewer
User Info.
I highly doubt Vheissu is the greatest album in the history of music. That's a bold claim no matter how much you love an album. I think the lyrics are good. Negativity doesn't mean lyrics can't be a 9. Not all songs have to be inspiring to affect people.
04:25 PM on 10/17/07
The Breeze
scaly manfish
User Info.
Happy to read Cave-In in this Tom. They kept coming to mind while listening to this album.
04:41 PM on 10/17/07
stupidcrack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I highly doubt Vheissu is the greatest album in the history of music. That's a bold claim no matter how much you love an album. I think the lyrics are good. Negativity doesn't mean lyrics can't be a 9. Not all songs have to be inspiring to affect people.
OK I cant say its the greastest album ever because I havent heard every album ever made. But to ME Vheissu is lyrically the best album I've heard. There really is no such thing because its all a matter of personal opinion.
I never said the lyrics wont affect people, I believe they will. You are clearly seeing them from a different view point which is fine. Maybe to YOU negativey doesn't mean lyrics can be a 9 but maybe to ME it does. Anyway Im just glad the disc is finally out, now comes the wait for Earth and Air.
06:05 PM on 10/17/07
Tom Good
Album Reviewer
User Info.
Happy to read Cave-In in this Tom. They kept coming to mind while listening to this album.
Yeah. I actually thought that comparison came to my mind after hearing "The Earth Will Shake" from Vheissu. That was some serious Cave-In influence. Plus I like Cave-In and Clouds a lot so any time I get to use a comparison I will, haha.

OK I cant say its the greastest album ever because I havent heard every album ever made. But to ME Vheissu is lyrically the best album I've heard. There really is no such thing because its all a matter of personal opinion.
I never said the lyrics wont affect people, I believe they will. You are clearly seeing them from a different view point which is fine. Maybe to YOU negativey doesn't mean lyrics can be a 9 but maybe to ME it does. Anyway Im just glad the disc is finally out, now comes the wait for Earth and Air.
Well said, I respect your opinion man. Whatever you get out of the music is cool, it's a personal thing. I can't wait to hear Earth and Air, although I have no idea how it will sound.
06:06 PM on 10/17/07
breakdownnotup
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Still listening over and over.

Like many I think it took longer for water to hit then fire.
The flame deluge is so epic it's ridiculous. I've never heard anything to haunting and so full of emotion.
It has references to so many things and really makes you think.

How can someone get so into their art they BECOME it? (Dustin becoming fire for the sonnet)

Obviously, I'm a hardcore fan so AITA will probably always be my favorite. But if I want to hear it, i will put it in. It stands the test of time, why make another?

Anyway, good review.
Can't wait to hear the others.
06:07 PM on 10/17/07
Tom Good
Album Reviewer
User Info.
Still listening over and over.

Like many I think it took longer for water to hit then fire.
The flame deluge is so epic it's ridiculous. I've never heard anything to haunting and so full of emotion.
It has references to so many things and really makes you think.

How can someone get so into their art they BECOME it? (Dustin becoming fire for the sonnet)

Obviously, I'm a hardcore fan so AITA will probably always be my favorite. But if I want to hear it, i will put it in. It stands the test of time, why make another?

Anyway, good review.
Can't wait to hear the others.
AITA is your fav? What about Illusion Of Safety? That album shreds still.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos