Username
Password
Fearless Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fearless Records
Inside AP.net

Eve 6 Spotify Commentary

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (04/26/12)
Commentary for the new Eve 6 record is on Spotify.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
10:32 AM on 04/26/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
So cool.
10:34 AM on 04/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I hope this gets reviewed soon. It was a good solid album with a few meh songs but overall was pretty awesome. Definitely a good summer album. Moon is up their with my favorite Eve 6 songs.
10:38 AM on 04/26/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
The only song off of this album that I wasn't big on was Curtain. I feel like it didn't really fit with the album or as an Eve 6 song at all. Pretty enjoyable overall, though.
11:23 AM on 04/26/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
The only song off of this album that I wasn't big on was Curtain. I feel like it didn't really fit with the album or as an Eve 6 song at all. Pretty enjoyable overall, though.

Funny cause I think thats one of the only good songs on the album.

The first two tracks (Curtain and Victoria) are great and then the album goes downhill fast for me. Some songs are just too cheesy and cringeworthy. Its my least favorite record by them so far. I know its probably a unpopular opinion, but I like the rock version of Eve6.. not the super overproduced pop version.
11:25 AM on 04/26/12
chrisCcoan
User Info.
Anyone having trouble with spotify?
11:41 AM on 04/26/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.

The first two tracks (Curtain and Victoria) are great and then the album goes downhill fast for me. Some songs are just too cheesy and cringeworthy. Its my least favorite record by them so far. I know its probably a unpopular opinion, but I like the rock version of Eve6.. not the super overproduced pop version.
I loved Horrorscope, and I like some of this record. It's too streaky for my tastes, though. Like you said, the first two tracks are killer, but then things lose major steam. "BFGF," "Lion's Den," "Blood Brothers," and "Downtown" are all really weak tracks.
12:08 PM on 04/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.

I like the rock version more too. I loved Horroscope but All In Your Head was my personal favorite. I got to wonder what you thought of the song Moon. That is my personal favorite.
12:08 PM on 04/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I loved Horrorscope, and I like some of this record. It's too streaky for my tastes, though. Like you said, the first two tracks are killer, but then things lose major steam. "BFGF," "Lion's Den," "Blood Brothers," and "Downtown" are all really weak tracks.
Those were all meh but for some reason I like Blood Brothers for some reason. It is catchier than the others you mentioned and as cheesy as it is at times feels natural.
12:10 PM on 04/26/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
This album can be summed up very briefly...."Disappointing".
12:11 PM on 04/26/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.

I don't know, it just didn't feel like Eve 6 to me. It felt like they were kind of holding back. From the looks of it, I'm one of the few that actually enjoys this album, but I have a tendency to like the albums people aren't huge on. The same thing happened when Sam's Town by The Killers came out. Everyone was pretty hard on it, but I really enjoyed it.
12:15 PM on 04/26/12
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
I love this album The only song I'm not too fond of is Lions Den, and even that is pretty catchy. This is coming from someone who enjoys both the pop and rock side of Eve 6, though.
12:58 PM on 04/26/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I don't know, it just didn't feel like Eve 6 to me. It felt like they were kind of holding back. From the looks of it, I'm one of the few that actually enjoys this album, but I have a tendency to like the albums people aren't huge on. The same thing happened when Sam's Town by The Killers came out. Everyone was pretty hard on it, but I really enjoyed it.

I LOVE Sams Town and hate the rest of The Killer's catalogue haha

This album can be summed up very briefly...."Disappointing".

Yup.

I like the rock version more too. I loved Horroscope but All In Your Head was my personal favorite. I got to wonder what you thought of the song Moon. That is my personal favorite.

AIYH is their best record in my opinion!

I was ehh on Horrorscope but that album is definitely better than Speak in Code. I am happy for the band that they made another record but it doesn't do too much for me since I already heard my three favorite tracks months prior to the release.
05:21 AM on 04/27/12
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this album. I also love everything from Eve 6. my opinion is slightly different than many of these comments. After BFGF, i feel the album rocks. I am on the fence with "Curtain", "Victoria", "Situation Infatuation", and "BFGF". I love "Lions Den" and on.
07:56 AM on 04/27/12
hello299
User Info.
Strongly disagree with Downtown. Overall the only track that is bad is Blood Brothers.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests